Maps and Location Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bthompson, May 3, 2017.

1. bthompson macrumors regular

hi everyone. I have an iPhone 6 I have had since launch day. The phone is still great minus locations and maps. Anytime I try to navigate, it pulls up the route and completely loses my location in maps. I tried google maps and it's the same issue. It will not update as I move. Pulling up my location is usually very much off.

I have reset all location services. Erased the phone and started over. Nothing is working. Is this a hardware issue? I've tried everything and nothing is working.

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Seems like a broken GPS,and if you had it since launch day,I guess your warranty is invalid. However,you can have it checked by pros to see if it's worth repair.

3. bthompson thread starter macrumors regular

Is this something that can even be repaired or is this a replace?

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

As you had it a few years,it's probably not worth repair,but that of course depend on the repair cost,however,if it was my phone,I guess I would just replace it,most likely with the similar but a bit better iPhone SE.

5. bthompson thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. I'm considering the SE for sure. Not really excited about replacing my phone!

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

7. bthompson thread starter macrumors regular

Yes! I stumbled upon this yesterday. Im not sure if I have the skills to do this repair, but it does seem to address the problems I am having!