maps app directions inconsistent?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by carlos1078, Jan 3, 2008.

1. carlos1078 macrumors newbie

Since the 1.1.1 update, I had noticed that the directions that the Maps app. on the iPhone gave me to a friend's house had changed. I thought maybe it was because of the traffic at the time. However, I've noticed it always gives me these new, but clearly inferior, directions. The weird thing is that if I go to google maps in the iphone's safari browser, I get the old, correct directions. Why would the Maps app. give me these new, inferior, directions, but the maps.google.com website give me the old, superior, directions? Anyone else seen anything like this?

2. NJPitcher macrumors regular

Not the same thing, but when I enter my street address into google maps, i get the same street one town over - it doesnt recognize half of my zip code, and puts it in the next town over instead. So if I live on 123 fake street, fake city, 12345, I get thrown into 123 fake street, not-real city, 12346. On google on the computer, it gets the address right - it sucks that i can't even get directions from my own house, because the mobile maps can't find my house. I don't know if this has anything to do with apple, or if it's google maps mobile, but something needs to be fixed.