Maps app too slow

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Beechy, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Beechy macrumors member

Beechy

Hey all,

I'm loving the watch. It's been great for most of the scenarios I wanted it for.

One of the most useful use cases I found was using it to get directions. However, I have found that the maps app is just far too slow.

e.g. I raise my wrist and say 'Get directions home'- Siri responds well, and opens the maps app. It's is at this point that it takes around 30-60 seconds to get to the point where I can press 'Start'.... I feel that this needs some improvement. But appreciate that it is a v1.

Anyone else have this issue? Apologies if it was already reported.

2. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I'm getting my watch today but as a big navigation guy how about saying "navigate" home instead of "directions"

3. Beechy thread starter macrumors member

Beechy

I shall try when i get out of the office for lunch. But i think Siri would interpret the instruction the same way... It does eventually get me directions as expected. It just takes so long.

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Yesterday leaving the apple store I simply raised my wrist and said "siri, take me home" I am pretty sure I was able to hit start within about 10-15 seconds. The other times I have used maps so far were things that I started on the phone right before I got in the car so I didn't experience any delay.