Maps App with bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by tuna9720, Sep 27, 2012.

1. tuna9720 macrumors regular

That would be nice if the app connected to the bluetooth in the car so we can hear it thru the speakers. If not it can be done already.

2. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

I wish it did that too. Siri does, so no excuse for the maps not too. I'm sure some plank at Apple would say its "by design".

3. spades1412 macrumors 6502

This worked for me the only time I've used the Nav feature. I was listening to streaming music through my phone as well. With music streaming over bluetooth, it dimmed down each time the Nav needed to give a direction.

4. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Not all bluetooth systems in cars support music audio. Only phone call audio, and mysteriously Siri.

5. alangore macrumors newbie

maps commentary chopped off

I use IOS6/Maps on an iPhone 4S. I love the turn-by-turn navigation, but when I have it spoken through my Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece, tne beginning of each spoken navigation instruction is cut off. I lose the first second or two of each utterance. I have verified that this problem only occurs when navigation is spoken through the earpiece.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

6. 80s Fan macrumors member

This works for me too. My car (a Honda Civic) does support music audio, as well as phone call audio. Works really nicely and as you would expect. If you are playing music through your phone via Bluetooth,, it lowers the sound when giving a verbal navigation cue, and then increases the volume when done.

Audio really works well in the Civic and I have really been pleased with the combination. I actually like the new Apple Maps (I must be one of the few, I guess :rolleyes:) and am really happy to have turn-by-turn navigation natively on my phone.

By the way, the one situation where there does not work is when you are playing a CD. If you get a call when playing a CD, the audio stops and you hear your ring tone and can answer the call. But you can not send the navigation cues and have them output at the same time the CD is playing (not that I have found). You can have them come out of the iPhone speakers though (I haven't tried this yet).