Maps are not rendering in 6.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MuseumVisitor, Feb 23, 2013.

1. MuseumVisitor macrumors member

Nov 20, 2010
    Hi All,
    I have upgrated my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 to version 6.1.2 (10B146). Now my Apple maps are not working - did not notice this happening on the previous iOS versions. It inserts the blue location dot, but it does not render the map neighter on iPhone nor iPad.
    1- I have tried both devices running on wi-fi connection and cellular data.
    2- I have turned Airplane Mode OFF and ON
    3- I have Reset Network Settings and Reset Location & Privacy
    4- Privacy - Location Services is ON

Nothig helps. Any idea how to solve this problem?
  2. Markc1024 macrumors member

Jun 19, 2011
    Mine seems to be working fine. Within maps, have you tried toggling between standard and satellite? Both are working for me.
  3. lexvo macrumors 65816

Nov 11, 2009
    The Netherlands
    I just upated to 6.1.2 on my iPad 3 and Maps is working fine. iPhone 4 is OK too.
  4. MuseumVisitor thread starter macrumors member

Nov 20, 2010
    Thanks but toggling between standard and satellite does not help. It just goes from yellow to b/w grid dots.

Any other idea what may be causing this problem with my maps?
  5. Dented macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2009
    I've had no problem with maps since 6.1.2. Just thinking, if its not the software or the device, the constant here seems to be you, or at least your location - presumably you're testing your phone and iPad in the same place? I wonder if there's a problem at apple's end and they just can't serve up the data for your neighbourhood right now for whatever reason?
  6. MuseumVisitor thread starter macrumors member

Nov 20, 2010
    This is really strange. Im in downtown Vancouver area. My friend's iPhone 5 (version 6.0.2) is rendering fine. My Google Maps app is fine too. Only the Apple's Maps is a problem for me. I would love to delete the app and to install it again, but its Apple's original app which cannot be removed.
  7. Steve28 macrumors member

Jun 14, 2011
    Try double-click the home button then press and hold the apple maps icon and "quit" the app by pressing the red "-". Press the home button again and launch apple maps.
  8. vacano1 macrumors newbie

Feb 26, 2013
    The Same thing is happening to me only when i tether from my GS2, when I'm home it's fine, is there any extra i have to do to get it working when i tether??