Maps complaint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eldiablojoe, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I am quite used to the Maps native application as it worked prior to the iOS4.

When I was done with a search or directions, even while still in the middle of the directions but finished with it, I could hit the little sniper-scope symbol and it would take me right back to a current map page with my location blue-pinned. Now that little symbol is gone and replaced with an exaggerated arrow symbol in the lower left corner. It does not appear to work similarly.

Secondly, when loading a live map with traffic, the traffic indicating colors (red, yellow, green) do not materialize nearly as quickly as they used to.

I'm not too happy with the "improvements" to the Maps. :(

Thank you for listening to me vent. Carry on, there's nothing to see here, these aren't the droids you're looking for...

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

While I'm not having the exact same problems with you, I too have experienced maps don't working at 100% in downtown chicago.

Many times when i pressed the arrow to get my location the blue dot would be no where close to where i was, and then the whole application would freeze and I would have to restart Maps a few times in order for it to get just my current location back.

This never happened on my 3gs running 3.1.2, just on my iPhone 4. It might have to do with a whole lot more people using the 3G network, but it was really really pathetic if you ask me, because it happened on multiple occasions along Michigan avenue.

3. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I have noticed some issues with maps also not finding my location as well as not searching sometimes.

Wonder if it has anything to do with this:

"For devices running iPhone OS versions 1.1.3 to 3.1, Apple relied on (and still relies on) databases maintained by Google and Skyhook Wireless ("Skyhook") to provide location-based services," Sewell wrote. "Beginning with the iPhone OS version 3.2 released in April 2010, Apple relies on its own databases to provide location-based services and for diagnostic purposes."