Maps destination on notifications not working

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
It now only gives me a message telling me to turn on significant locations. Used to work on 10 - when called frequent locations. Significant locations is turned on. There are locations there. I have tried turning off and back on; clearing the locations, restarting, etc.
Any ideas?

Moccasin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
It now only gives me a message telling me to turn on significant locations. Used to work on 10 - when called frequent locations. Significant locations is turned on. There are locations there. I have tried turning off and back on; clearing the locations, restarting, etc.
Any ideas?
I have this problem too. Have turned various location services settings on & off. A tad annoying. Will probably remove the widget now.

jwilson25

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
That part seems to be working OK for me, but the one I've noticed is that I no longer get the notification when I get in the car for home or work. Previously as soon as it connected to my truck or car, I would get the popup telling me it was going to take XX time to get home, but this seems to have stopped since upgrading to 11.

k.alexander

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
E it a few days before it figures out your sign Locations and start showing them in the widget.

Quirinus

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Previously as soon as it connected to my truck or car, I would get the popup telling me it was going to take XX time to get home, but this seems to have stopped since upgrading to 11.
Exactly the same problem here after upgrading.

Any news on this? I couldn't find any other posts related to this.

achappy

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2017
Exactly the same problem here after upgrading.

Any news on this? I couldn't find any other posts related to this.
Notifications from Maps for Significant Locations returned in 11.1. I've been on 11.1 since Beta 2 and they immediately started showing up. I'm glad too because I always like the little notification on my phone and watch letting me know how far to a particular location. Maps Destinations also works but I didn't have any issues wit