maps facebook safari question new to ios

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by aldenh, Oct 5, 2014.

1. aldenh macrumors newbie

Hi im new to this forum and ios. I googled this question but couldnt find answers so Im posting it here and hope if someone can help me. I recently got an iphone 6 and have these issues:
    1. When i search something in safari lets say bestbuy store when I click on it it opens the mobile google maps in browser not the apple maps. So installed google maps and now sometimes it opens the google maps app and other times the google maps in browser. it drives me crazy is there a option to force safari to open map links in apple maps or google maps doesnt matter which.
    2. I noticed that facebook app has now a in app browser is there a option to disable that like in android?and can I force facebook app to open youtube links in the native youtube app instead of opening youtube links in the in app browser?

2. MacTCE macrumors 6502

Unfortunately there's no way to force Safari to open map links in a certain application it only follows how the website it coded. This is the reason I use Chrome on my iPhone, iPad, and Mac. With Chrome you can set it to use links with their native app instead of the browser in settings.

3. aldenh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx so much for the quick reply.Thats what I thought!what about facebook when you click on a link does it open in chrome/youtube?

4. aldenh thread starter macrumors newbie

Arghh would love to ditch chrome and use just safari but these issues with maps/youtube are so annoying. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that it sometimes works sometimes not.

5. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I actually don't have the FB installed since I rarely go on there. To be honest the only reason I keep an account at all is to post pics of my son for the grandparents.