Maps Navigation, route stops updating?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by grockk, Jul 19, 2013.

1. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

When using maps navigation, I get a few miles going and my route just stops updating the maps. Voice instructions work the whole time. I have signal and if I go to the overview and hit resume it loads up the next few miles.

Anyone else ever seen something like this? Can't tell if its a beta problem or need to restore and set as new. Anyone else getting navigation that stops updating the map?

2. Jakimo macrumors 6502

Many of us have this problem and the bug has been reported to Apple.

Quick work-around is to pinch then zoom back in. It'll reload. I've done this a few times, where it just works properly afterwards. Other times, I had to do it a few times before it stuck...

This Monday I believe, many hope to see beta 4. Hoping...

3. grockk thread starter macrumors 6502

grockk

Thanks! So it's a beta bug. And thanks for workaround too! I'll make a report.

4. Jakimo macrumors 6502

The new Google Maps update finally fixed the dimming bug. If you have trips coming up and don't wanna mess with Maps beta, give it a try.

It has a neat Easter egg too. With any maps loaded up within Google Maps, begin a search for 'ok maps' and hit enter - it'll trigger a full download (minus POIs) of the entire area in detail! Good for mountain driving and for better speed...