Maps not sending to iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by whyknot2k, May 29, 2014.

1. whyknot2k macrumors newbie

I have Maverick OS X version 10.9.3 and iPhone 5s with iOS 7. When I find a route in the maps program on my MacBook and try to send it to my iPhone, it appears to send but nothing ever shows up on my iPhone. I've tried with the maps app open and with it closed, shut down and restarted, etc... and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Is iCloud enabled on your phone? Is iCloud enabled on your Mac?

Are they using the same Apple ID?

3. whyknot2k thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, and yes. Enabled on both, same id. This is the only area I have this issue. Photos are fine in photo stream, etc...

4. cynics macrumors G4

Try rebooting the Mac and resetting the iPhone (hold the home + power buttons until you see the Apple logo).

When I first updated to Mavericks I had this issue but I didn't have time to mess with it. The problem cleared itself up. Only thing I can think of is I did a reset on the phone and turned off my Mac.

5. whyknot2k thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done this as well, with no change in the outcome.

6. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Which version of iOS and Mac OS X are you running?

7. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

OP said 10.9.3 for Mac. Didn't specify iOS version which could be part of the problem.

8. whyknot2k thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Maverick OS X version 10.9.3 and iPhone 5s with iOS 7 (version 7.1.1)

9. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Hmm.. must be a bug somewhere either on your phone or on your mac. Let me try it real quick.

EDIT: Seems to work for me.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I had that problem initially and signing out of iCloud and back in on my Macbook fixed it.

11. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Not meaning to be rude but when I first did this a few weeks ago it took me a few minutes to find where the directions had actually been sent in maps. Is this your first attempt at doing this or have you done it before?

12. whyknot2k thread starter macrumors newbie

Armen, tried your suggestion and it worked! Thanks so much and thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions

----------

No problem Kissaragi, I have tried it on other peoples' phones and had to do some digging to find it. Looks like signing out and back into iCloud was the fix I needed

13. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Glad you got it working, its a handy feature. I was expecting it to be a lot more obvious than it was. Maybe I was having a slow day but it took me a good few minutes to find where it had sent them in the app!

14. catinthehood macrumors newbie

Tap the book icon in the upper right on your iPhone and then tap on "Recents" at the bottom and then scroll down until you see, in no discernible order, the directions you sent from your map listed by the destination.

15. Imac Sam macrumors 6502

Imac Sam

That also worked for me. Always great to find the answer on the forums.:D

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

That's what forum communities are for :)