Maps on Apple Watch - So where is the guide on what taps mean what?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sam3020, May 5, 2015.

1. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

I love my Apple Watch and I love the maps app but what the hell does each of the taps mean and why has apple not done a user guide on this? It taps me the same no matter what exit I get off at on a roundabout? I thought it suppose to tap you differently? Also why can't you default the app to always be on the second screen which you can see below? I prefer this to just seeing the directions on their own?

Attached Files:

2. loftiness macrumors member

loftiness

http://help.apple.com/watch/#/apdea7480950

"Follow directions. After you tap Start and head off on your first leg, Apple Watch uses taps to let you know when to turn. A steady series of 12 taps means turn right at the intersection you’re approaching; three pairs of two taps means turn left. Not sure what your destination looks like? You’ll feel a vibration when you’re on the last leg, and again when you arrive."

Edit: I actually had a drive with it last week, it was definitely confusing initially, also sometimes it doesn't give me enough time ahead to make turns. My guess for the UI, probably because the arrow is easier to read at a glance than a map which can be informationally too dense.

3. grenhall macrumors regular

So basically 12 taps turn right or 6 taps turn left at the next intersection?