CarPlay Maps on carplay problem

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Chris 53, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Chris 53, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018

Chris 53 macrumors newbie

Chris 53

I posted this in the wrong section before so I've posted it here. Thanks to Ralfi for letting me know.
    I have been using Maps on Carplay for awhile and have had 3D display and lane guidance. But when I tried to use it yesterday all I got was a over all map of the journey highlighting the route with a black section on the right giving the directions.
    My phone is a iPhone 8 iOS 11.2.5.
    Any advice please

So has not to repeat things here is the reply I've had.

From Ralfi
    What you're seeing is the 'Overview' map viewing mode.

Tap screen > Tap 'Detail' on the top bar.

Also, https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/homekit-homepod-carplay-home-auto-technology.193/ :D

My reply was.
    That's what I thought but when I tapped the screen all that came up was a plus sign and a magnifier glass the 3D wasn't there

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Tap on screen, then tap Arrow so it faces up and has circle, then tap 3D.

IMG_4160.jpg

3. Chris 53 thread starter macrumors newbie

Chris 53

The trouble is when I tap the screen I'm not getting that arrow or 3D. All I'm getting is a magnify glass symbol and I think it was a plus sign.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

You are seeing the magnifying glass on your infotainment screen??? Post some screen shots of the of behavior you are seeing.

5. Chris 53 thread starter macrumors newbie

Chris 53

Thanks for all your reply's, but I have sorted all be it a bit drastic. I completely reset the phone and it now works correctly. I don't know if it was something I did or has something to do with the update.
    Thanks again.