Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris 53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2016
I posted this in the wrong section before so I've posted it here. Thanks to Ralfi for letting me know.
I have been using Maps on Carplay for awhile and have had 3D display and lane guidance. But when I tried to use it yesterday all I got was a over all map of the journey highlighting the route with a black section on the right giving the directions.
My phone is a iPhone 8 iOS 11.2.5.
Any advice please

So has not to repeat things here is the reply I've had.

From Ralfi
What you're seeing is the 'Overview' map viewing mode.

Tap screen > Tap 'Detail' on the top bar.

Also, https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/homekit-homepod-carplay-home-auto-technology.193/ :D

My reply was.
That's what I thought but when I tapped the screen all that came up was a plus sign and a magnifier glass the 3D wasn't there

Last edited:

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Tap on screen, then tap Arrow so it faces up and has circle, then tap 3D.

IMG_4160.jpg

Chris 53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2016
The trouble is when I tap the screen I'm not getting that arrow or 3D. All I'm getting is a magnify glass symbol and I think it was a plus sign.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
The trouble is when I tap the screen I'm not getting that arrow or 3D. All I'm getting is a magnify glass symbol and I think it was a plus sign.
You are seeing the magnifying glass on your infotainment screen??? Post some screen shots of the of behavior you are seeing.

Chris 53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2016
Thanks for all your reply's, but I have sorted all be it a bit drastic. I completely reset the phone and it now works correctly. I don't know if it was something I did or has something to do with the update.
Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.