Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kryptonkid07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, TX
I have an early 2009 model iMac that still runs fantastically. I haven't had any issues thus far.

With Mavericks, everything is just as speedy and I haven't encountered any major problems, except for one: Maps doesn't work for me.

I can't view Maps at all. The application is open and it even finds addresses and my current location, but I don't actually see the map. All I see is the grid behind the map.

Anyone else having this problem? :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 6.05.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 6.05.42 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 781

dinesy

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
me too

same problem.

It was working...last week in fact. But just opened it today and its like your pic.

ufkdo

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2010
Turkey
Does it work on hybrid mode, or on satellite mode? A few people also reported this problem and, as far as I remember, some of them were able to use it in hybrid mode.

DisneySMAX

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2010
It is a strange language/region bug. I had the same problem. Close Maps then go to...

SYSTEM PREFERENCES > LANGUAGE & REGION > Change region to something else Like UK if you are in the US or US if you are in the UK and open maps again. The maps will appear. Then just change it back in System preferences to what it was before.

Last edited:

shootzkden

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
Had the same problem also, enabling some fonts that i had disabled and/or deleted fixed it for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.