Maps Problem and Alpine Stereo Adapter Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by taylorives85, Sep 29, 2008.

1. taylorives85 macrumors newbie

iTouch 2G running 2.1.1 software

Problem #1- Maps will not find my location.
    When I first took the iTouch out of the packaging it had no problem finding my Current Location. Now, after 1 restore, it no longer finds my Current Location. I have a strong WiFi signal and don't know what's up! Is there a fix for this?

Problem #2- iTouch does not recognize Alpine car stereo adaptor
    I have a cable that goes from my stereo head unit in my car that plugs directly into the dock connector of the iPod. My 1G Nano worked great with it and so does my girl's 1G iTouch, but when I plug the new one in I get a message that says "This accessory does not support charging," and the music just comes out of the built in speaker, not the stereo. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you all very much in advance!

2. jbartusch macrumors newbie

jbartusch

This is due to the fact that Apple changed the PIN support on Touch 2G to USB only (like they did with iPhone 3G). This has caused many dock connecting tools to no longer work. I had the same issue going from my iPod Touch 1G to iPhone 3G with my Dension stereo connector.

3. taylorives85 thread starter macrumors newbie

That makes sense, thank you. So would my next option be to try and find a cable that is compatible with both the head unit and Touch?

4. jbartusch macrumors newbie

jbartusch

If it's one of the older Alpine head units, you are out of luck. The new units have a high-speed USB connection jack that would still work. Unfortunately, I think your current Alpine deck may be out of luck...

5. taylorives85 thread starter macrumors newbie

I see, thank you very much for the information!

Can I pick your brain on the Maps issue?

6. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Scosche is supposed to be coming out with an adapter that should solve your car audio problem. It's called the "Passport" and I think they said it would be released late October. Try doing a search on this forum for it.

7. kevdav macrumors newbie

Another integration kit coming out (?)

I tried buying a Peripheral [brand] integration kit ("iSimple") last week, and had the same problem -- the accessory manufacturers just aren't up to speed on the new power requirements of iPhone 3G & Touch 2G. A rep with the company said they were working on updating their hardware and should have a new unit (compatible with the new Apple hardware) out within a month or so. The guy said he'd email me when it's released, and I'll be sure to forward it to the forum as soon as he does so. Hang in there.

8. taylorives85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome everyone, thank you so much for the feedback/advice!