Maps: "Problem fixed"!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by amirite, Feb 10, 2015.

1. amirite macrumors 6502a

I noticed a place labeled incorrectly and reported it yesterday. I just now received a notification saying "problem fixed" and it's been updated.

If you see any issues in Maps, just take the 30 seconds of your time to report the issue. It benefits us all :)

2. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

I have been reporting for 6 months, almost everyday and still from hundreds of reported problems, none are fixed. Apple don't give a ****** about smaller countries. ^^
    Talking about search engine of Apple maps in my country, it is the worst search engine I have ever seen.

3. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

apple maps has been fine here since the very first beta when google stuff was removed from ios..im in a city of about 900,000 too, not istanbul, new york city, or tokyo here

when i think about apple maps i still remember that news article where some couple in anchorage alaska i think, trespassed the airport & drove across the runway cause "my phone's map told us to":):eek::rolleyes::cool::apple::apple:

4. amirite thread starter macrumors 6502a

My report was in a small country. What country are you from? Lithuania?

5. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Yes, Lithuania :/ no language support by iOS, even iCloud two-step doesn't work while keychain sms verification works :)

6. amirite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does Apple officially sell the iPhone there?

7. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

There aren't Apple stores but there is plenty official resellers, official carrier and official service center.

8. apple.snapple macrumors regular

Well... congrats to you I guess. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong to get a new road (that opened 7 months ago) added to Apple Maps. This is a MAJOR road that has been 5 years in the making. It cuts the traffic load in half on my route to work and back. However, when I'm using the nav on the way home, it shows me driving in the middle of a field for 20 minutes.

The "missing location" doesn't really apply to the new road as it asks for details about the address and the name of the location, etc. So, I try "problem isn't listed here". I give them the exact start and end of the new road, but nothing is ever fixed. I've done this 6 times now. For giggles, I downloaded GMaps and Waze. Sure enough, both programs have the new road and routes properly.

I want Apple Maps to work just as well as the other Apple apps, such as Pages, Numbers, Garage Band, etc... but I don't know what else to do!