Maps

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by photogpab, Jul 18, 2012.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

Question about maps - when using navigation, is there any way to "swipe" to see the next step or steps?

sometimes i get frustrated because im driving. i glance at the screen, and i just quickly want to know what my next step (or steps) will be, but i cant do anything once in navigation and the big green street signs are displayed. I have to click the button on the bottom left hand corner, shows me the full route, then i have to read thru it all, find my place, go back, etc. gets a little busy.

with google maps i could click "next" and "back" to anticipate where i was going.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

New in Beta 3 is a list view.A button on the lower left next to the 3D button. It shows each turn and how many miles you stay on that section of road. You can then hit the done button and go back to the map overview.

3. l.w41sh macrumors 6502

List has been there since beta 2 maybe even beta 1.
    Just saying.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Doh, you're right. It was missing in the last Waze, and now is in there. My bad.:eek:

5. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

yeah i know about the list view, that's what i mentioned in my original post. i just didnt know if there was a way to "swipe" or see the next step while in the midst of navigation (the big green street signs).

oh well. its not always convenient to hit the list view, and scroll thru it and then go back, etc... harder to do while i'm driving.

still loving navigation though.

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Oh my, I read right over you mentioning the list view. My responses are nothing but fail this morning. I need some coffee I think. :D