Maps

Benjamin,

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Brighton, UK
Hi! I'm new to Mac. (bought my first yesterday). It's all set up and running very smoothly. Loving the experience and the features.

Unlike iOS, OS X doesn't come with a nice dedicated map feature. What is the best free and best paid-for one I can get?

needfx

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Best free: Google Maps (Streetview)

others: Google Earth, Garmin BaseCamp...

If you're looking for a dedicated app I would personally go with Google Earth.

----------

I think he might be looking for an app, in which case google earth would do the job.
true, but he can make do without even installing one

Comment

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
What is the best free and best paid-for one I can get?
On any topic, don't just assume your notion of "best" to be universal. What are your specific criteria? What features are must-haves? What would be nice to have? What's your budget? What are you looking to do with the product? Best is always highly subjective.

Comment

needfx

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
On any topic, don't just assume your notion of "best" to be universal. What are your specific criteria? What features are must-haves? What would be nice to have? What's your budget? What are you looking to do with the product? Best is always highly subjective.
true, but I think he is looking for the Rocknrolla of Map Solutions

Comment

Benjamin,

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Brighton, UK
Yeah. I was looking for something like the old Google Maps on iOS 5 or the Apple Maps for iOS 6. I guess I'll wait and see for what Apple do on that count then.

Comment