maps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by almasinfe, Jan 4, 2009.

1. almasinfe macrumors member

almasinfe

I don't know what I did but now when I use my maps it doesn't display miles only kms and I am not happy with this dammit

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Hi almasinfe
    I can't find an option to change the units within Google Maps, but it seems that the App uses the units based on what is defined under 'Settings => General => International => Region Format. If I select United States, Maps will show distance in miles, whereas United Kingdom or Switzerland will result in displaying kilometers.

3. almasinfe thread starter macrumors member

almasinfe

you sir are a mind life saver I was going crazy.....
    Thank you it worked ;-)

4. Neunelf911 macrumors newbie

Maps on iPhone software version 3.0

I realise that version 3.0 has fixed the kms/miles saga for a lot of people - eg UK users used to have distances displayed in Kms on the Maps application instead of Miles, and this has now been fixed.

I was happy as an Irish user that map distances were displayed in Kms as that is what we use in Ireland, however after updating to Ver 3.0 - I now have Miles as the display, even with my region setting as Ireland!! UK users now correctly have Miles!

Is this a bug, or have I missed something? Is there now some other way to set this other than setting your region?

thanks