March 15/21 event

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dleal, Feb 25, 2016.

?

Will Apple upgrade its MacBook Pro lineup in the March 15 event?

1. Yes

52.6%
  2. No

47.4%
  1. dleal macrumors newbie

dleal

20 day to go until the (rumoured) March 15 event. I've been reading lots of stuff about how and when the rMBP line will be updated and I'd like to know what is your opinion: will Apple upgrade rMBP in the upcoming March 15 event?

2. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

IMO, this may be the only thing updated; however, I think it is more likely WWDC with an entirely new pro line up.

4. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

WWDC has always and only been about iOS / OSX updates.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, I'm thinking they won't roll out new MBPs during this event.

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I hope for March, my 15" is ageing and the current model, is far from interesting, or offers any sense of value for money, equally Apple will dance to their own tune, as long as they are selling enough units in sufficient volume.

Another aspect is, given the roll out of the Retina MacBook & Apple Watch, even if Apple do announce new hardware next month, we will likely still need to wait several months to purchase from an approved retailer, let alone the Apple store. In some respects for a company with such vast resources, Apple is simply becoming tiresome, and to some extents lazy. Personally I would far prefer the Mac to be at the front of the pack, not the back of the queue...

Q-6

7. dranakin macrumors 6502

Oh, so I guess 2012 or 2013 never happened.

In the [2012] keynote, Apple announced new models of the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro (including announcing the MacBook Pro with Retina Display).

In the [2013] keynote, Apple unveiled a redesigned model of the Mac Pro, AirPort Time Capsule, and AirPort Extreme as well as updated models of the MacBook Air.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Worldwide_Developers_Conference

8. Woochoo macrumors 6502

Which are your predidctions about the release time, June then or this year's fall?

9. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

I think Apple has to make some kind of announcement in March. Its getting ridiculous now. It's been a whole year and the chips are actually available now. If not, Microsoft may be getting my Tax return money this year. Not surre why its so hard for a company worth the GDP of a small country with some of the best engineers in the world to give the 15" a proper update. Apple could have at least given the thing a price drop.

10. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Simple answer Apple is a master of curating it`s audience, and as long as they are willing to pay out, defend, spread the good word Apple has little reason to move forward. As a technology company frankly Apple is fast becoming uninteresting, if not outright staid. The innovation & adventure of late is virtually non existent, larger, thinner yes, ground breaking no. To me Apple`s focus is on the basic user and volume sales, not igniting the imagination, or setting the bar.

Same here I am close to moving all business systems to Microsoft`s hardware & Windows. Yes it`s far from perfect, equally innovation and additional utility is in place. We foresee improvements in workflow, that Apple is not interested in developing on the desktop OS.

Q-6

11. RadioGaGa1984, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016

RadioGaGa1984 macrumors 65816

RadioGaGa1984

2008 they announced the iPhone 3G
    2009 they announced 13" 15" and 17" MacBooks as well as the iPhone 3GS
    2010 Steve announced the iPhone 4
    So yea they never announce hardware at WWDC

12. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

They might, but probably only as one of those "Oh yeah, we almost forgot ... we've got one more thing to show you ..." stunts, and only if it's another design leap. Otherwise, wait until WWDC.

13. Woochoo macrumors 6502

I thought WWDC was also to show software "only", not any hardware (despite some having been shown in the past years). So why are people so sure that Macs will be presented by then, and not in the March conference?

14. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Because so far, there have been no part leaks or rumours of anything related to the MacBooks, Airs, or Pros. Meanwhile, there have been leaks of new iPhone parts, and rumours of new (smaller) iPad Pro, and Watch bands. When you consider that, along with how long in the tooth the MacBook Pro design is, it becomes more probable that the next update to the MacBook Pro will be a significant announcement ... Meaning with a "one more thing" stunt in March, or announcement at WWDC.

15. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

My Mid-2012 MBP that was announced at the WWDC would argue that point. As would the Mid-2012 rMBP.

16. Woochoo macrumors 6502

That's right, but this time there has been almost nothing until last week about the new 4" iPhone, having less than a month to see it release, and an iPhone is produced in a much bigger scale, so leaks are much more probable than Macs. Appart from that, if I'm not wrong, the Mac Pro just hit in the face to everybody, almost no one expected it. Yeah, is a much less common product, but as it is the Macbooks to iPhone.

I just don't care if it's March or June, as long as they finally update/redesign them this 1st half of the year. But I don't see the obsession of "Apple CAN'T show them at X conference, since it is only for Y and Z stuff...". Apple will just do whatever they want to do, like they did all these years.

17. Foss macrumors 6502

Foss

And I'm hoping history repeats itself four years later to replace my 2012 rMBP. It still runs well, but I'm starting to get a little lag. Also, I'm betting the new model will be able to drive a 4K monitor well, and I can finally get a 4K display.

18. SimonUK5 macrumors 6502

Been waiting to pull the trigger on a Maxed out 13'' Retina since just before Christmas, hoping they come soon. If they aren't out by the end of March i'm going to have to go for the current model.