march 24th, 2001 error on macbook air

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by akaray7181, Apr 12, 2009.

1. akaray7181 macrumors newbie

i recently purchased a macbook air from online and it keeps getting the same march 24th, 2001 error everytime i turn on the computer. I'm guessing this has to do with the macbook's internal battery (similar to cmos on a pc). At first the machine was having problems even turning on, so i changed the power scheme on the laptop to something else so it would turn on more easily. But i heard that macbook air's don't have that button battery, and that they have some kind of capacitor system instead. Does the logic board need to be replaced? And for some reason the battery doesn't seem to be charging even though it's been plugged into the power adaptor the whole day, it says only 10%. I changed the power scheme to best performance and that might have something to do with it, but before changing it to that, it would be so hard to wake it up from hibernation. and when it went to sleep, it just seemed to completely power off. please help assist in troubleshooting this as i am a mac novice.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Okay, I read that three times, and I still feel like you've left me behind. Let's start with that error. What exactly is the message you're getting?