March 24th event..Logic 9?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by derek1984, Mar 9, 2009.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

Anyone thinking of buying Logic 8 should hold on a couple weeks. There is a rumor that on March 24th Apple is going to have a "software event". I have a feeling that is when Logic 9 will be presented.

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

it's also rumored to be a video based event. If you're going on rumors alone, then logic won't be affected.

3. Big Boss Man macrumors regular

Logic 8 is not even two years old and Logic 7 lasted like four years, so I doubt we would see Logic 9 so soon.

4. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

My feeling is that it'll be at least another 18 months before we see Logic 9. Why would Apple intro another version when Snow Leopard is just around the corner? I think they'll wait for that, and I think L9 will take advantage of capabilities only available under Snow Leopard. It just makes sense. SL is some 6 months away. But you can't require people to buy a SL-only pro app right after introducing SL, so they'll need to wait at least a year. That means 6 months + 1 year = 18 months. Possibly longer. But that's how I get "at least" 18 months. Relax, and use L8, since L9 won't be here for quite some time, IMHO :) of course, YMMV.

5. fernmeister macrumors regular

From 8.0.2 to 9?

I wouldn't be surprised to see an STP update or even a WaveBurner update (which is really required). But, there's not much of a compelling reason to upgrade Logic right now, save for small bug fixes.

If there is anything, my money would be on an 8.1 with some minor goodies.

6. cane creek macrumors member

On post number 107 on this Thread , this guy seems to think Logic 9 went out to beta testers last week , so lets hope your wrong Oldcorpse.

7. cane creek macrumors member

Maybe because the programmers who make logic ain't the same programmers who make snow leopard , so doe's everybody else stop work just to cater for snow leopard when snow leopard is released not everybody is going to instantly upgrade anyway theres still plenty of Mac users on tiger.
    Never known a DAW release to be dictated by a OS release , IE steinberg "we better not release cubase5 because windows7 is in beta test mode and out soon"

8. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

The difference is that Cubase doesn't have advanced scoop on win 7 api and so cannot do a tight integration with the OS ahead of time, as LP and OS X can.

Maybe it won't be a factor, I'm just speculating - I don't have any confindential knowledge of what they are planning. I hope you are right.

9. cane creek macrumors member

So what new features and Bug fixes would you like to see in logic 9 ?

I think its about time they addressed the "audio stuck in the cache" problem

10. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

No Logic 9. Protools just came out with version 8 just to catch up to Logic Studio. Bring out Logic 9 just going to piss off digidesign.