Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdhollman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Well Adobe is releasing the big update tomorrow and it just so happens to be a Tuesday. What do you guys think? We have all been very, very patient. :)

-Alan-

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2007
I'd love it. The sooner it comes out the sooner I'll be playing with Adobe's latest Creative Suite on my MacPro desktop....and my conversion to Apple will be complete. I just hope Apple doesn't change the current box...though I wouldn't mind it in black.

slicedbread

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2006
it seems unlikely that the mac pro will come out on the day the new PS's are announced. More likely NAB in april methinks.

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
I have some cash ready and waiting to be spent also... As already discussed elsewhere I'd be happy enough with a 4-core but I'd like to see a price drop when the 8-Core is announced...

Worst-case-scenario, 8C announced with a $1k overhead on the existing 4C model which stays at current pricing... :eek:

i think it will be April though.

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
I'm hoping they do announce an 8 core MacPro soon. Not that I want one, but I would also like to see a price drop on the quad. Then I would order that baby! ;)

product26

Cancelled
May 30, 2005
the sooner the octo core comes out.. the sooner the chips will be old and affordable to swap out my stock 2.66s

M

Mr.damien

Spotlight will be on Adobe. Apple can wait 'til NAB and get a lot more attention then.

Yes but it will only be a minor upgrade, nothing radically new. Something that can be updated on the Apple Store without any ad.

I don't see why they will win by saying "look at the new mac pro, it's exactly the same but we added more disk space, and you can choose a 8 core as an option now".

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
England
the sooner the octo core comes out.. the sooner the chips will be old and affordable to swap out my stock 2.66s

Actually the sooner AMD release their barcelona chips the sooner it'll be more affordable, though while that is the reason for price drops they are happening regardless.

M

Mr.damien

Just to know, if someone remember how many time before a hardware update Apple starts to delay the shipping ?

1 or 2 week ?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.