March 2nd: iPad 2 Announcement

Discussion in 'iPad' started by e34guy, Feb 23, 2011.

1. e34guy macrumors member

Finally the much anticipated iPad 2 keynote will be held on March 2nd!
    My questions is how will be able to watch it? is there going to be a live stream?
    or will we just get to watch it on apple.com or youtube?

Thank You,

2. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

Sad to say it's only viewable on the iPad 3.

4. jealousguy86 macrumors 6502

apple usually puts the live stream on its site, i think you have to have an itunes account though? or watch it on safari? i can't remember the last one i watched and what i had to do, but just go to apple.com that day before it starts and it should say something.

5. e34guy thread starter macrumors member

6. Poop Boy macrumors newbie

1. They don't "usually" stream it live, they did that ONCE with the iPod event. Stop making guesses.

2. The fact is you can only watch a live stream with a Mac, iPad, or iPhone.

7. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

They do usually have the keynotes available on the apple site to view hours later.
    If you don't feel like waiting and apple doesn't post a live stream, then you can usually follow a live blog of the event on macrumors, engqdget and most other tech sites.

8. Jack97 macrumors regular

Jack97

I hope it's a live stream, my Internet is so slow here that apple's live streaming is all that works for me without having to buffer every 5 seconds. So hopefully it will be live, I think that's most likely. After all, it does seem like one of apple's big events, so not broadcasting it live would be a bit odd.:eek:

9. Jack97 macrumors regular

Jack97

Nope, they've done it the last two times, I think. And it works on my iPad, but I don't think it works on iPod touch.

10. jealousguy86 macrumors 6502

that's why i watched the ipad last year, the iphone 4, the ipod touch 4g and the mabook airs, all in the past year.. not really a guess, more of "yea, i've actually done this."

a for effort

11. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

every event SINCE that one iPod event has been live streamed, including the Lion keynote.

2. you're right about the method's to watch, only with Apple devices.

12. nStyle macrumors 6502a

13. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

incremental upgrade? My ass

So would anyone be calling this an incremental upgrade if we didn't have a billion leaks to almost confirm every new feature?
    Camera - keeping up with Android AND making sure every Apple device is FaceTime compatible.
    Processor Upgrade- Standard for a YtY upgrade
    Graphics Processor Upgrade- Standard for a YtY upgrade
    Thinner, noticeably so- Depending on how thin, I would call this a "redesign". There are rumors of a thinner bezel too!

So even if it is an "incremental upgrade" why is this bad? wtf would you "redesign"? Make it round? Make it flexible?

A "Major redesign" would only be if it was a retina display right?

well we could see that as it would only be a 20-30dpi bump from the previous screen since the definition of a retina display is entirely dependent on distance from the face and the iPad is usually 12-24 inches from the face unlike the iPhone.

Why does everyone want DOUBLE (rainbow) resolution anyway? You don't even have that good of resolution on any TV in existance, AND you don't have it on the brand new MacBook Pros. Why the flying frack do you need it on a 9.7 inch screen?

14. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I won't be first in line but I will by one online or the quickest way available too me. Ever since I left my iPad in the back seat of a taxi in NYC life hasn't been the same. Can't wait for iPad 2, regardless of the features.

15. jealousguy86 macrumors 6502

umm.. because you are holding the ipad a LOT closer than the distance you are sitting away from your tv. makes for better reading ability and clearer everything. while i'm not one of those "if ipad 2 doesn't have retina i'm out" people, i still would highly prefer the retina display to almost any other feature besides speed of the device.

16. mauriziocorso77 macrumors member

With the release of Facetime HD in the MBPs, it's pretty obvious that the FaceTime camera in the iPad 2 will be FaceTime HD enabled.....:eek: