March 9th... any chance of a new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BenFromPerth23, Mar 4, 2015.

1. BenFromPerth23 macrumors newbie

Will the event be all about the new iWatch (Most common theory), or will their be other announcements? And could one of them be an update to the MBP range?

I haven't heard anything about it, so it's just wishful thinking. But does anyone think there's a chance? If so, why?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Nope not a lot

No real chance, they have split the updates for airs and pro's and airs are due one. The chips are there for the airs for broadwell but not all of the broadwell chips for the pro's are available yet...

3. BenFromPerth23 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's kind of what I heard. But where are people getting that info from? (Regarding the Broadwells).

4. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Intel's roadmap.

6. BenFromPerth23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey just saw your laptop specs. You know Apple will fix your computer free right? And re-imburse you if you paid anything to repair it.

Just announced a repair scheme. (And after a few failed repairs, they'll give you a new one. You could have yourself a 2015 at no cost if that happens.)

https://www.apple.com/au/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

7. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Thanks for the heads up. I got a no-cost repair last April, after three failures within the 90 days warranty they replaced it with a new rMPB a couple of months later.

I left it there in the sig to make a point, maybe I should remove it now Apple 'fessed up!

8. BenFromPerth23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, good to know. :) I'm about to have my 3rd GPU repair in 3 weeks (4th repair total). They just spent $2000 (retail) on trying to fix this thing, but it's still glitching out (It's usable, but is definitely not fixed).

So fingers crossed they cut their losses and replace it. Hence why I'm hoping for an announcement on March 9th. :)

I say leave it in the signature. Apple knew of the problem for long enough and a lot of people just abandoned their laptops. It's "nice" that they did this, but it took FAR too long.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No chance, and this type of question comes up all the time. Apple is bound by Intel's schedule.

When ever Apple announces a media event people ask if it will include new Macs and the answer is almost always no. In this case they won't do anything until Broadwell is released by Intel.

10. BenFromPerth23, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

BenFromPerth23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do we have an expected Broadwell release date? And is there any chance they could be ahead of schedule and keeping it hush hush so it's a big surprised?

11. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

At this point, Broadwell has been so delayed I wouldn't be surprised if Apple skipped it entirely in favor of Skylake, which is scheduled to launch in late Q2 '15.

12. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I know you think...

.... that launch means all the chips available but it doesn't they roll them out different classes at a time. I can't see Apple getting skylake (U and H class) in their rMBP's until Q1 2016 at the earliest....

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/notebooks/37015-notebook-skylake-coming-in-q4-2015

They won't not have a refresh this year so expect broadwell around june...

13. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux