Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will an iPad Pro be announced at the March 9th event?

• I think the iPad Pro is going to be introduced

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I think other iPads will be shown (mini, air)

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • No iPads. The spotlight belongs to the Watch

Votes: 93 79.5%

• Total voters

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I think the event will consist of the watch and at least one other product announcement. Currently I'm thinking a 60% chance of a Retina MacBook Air and a 30%-40% chance of an iPad "Pro." I don't think there will be any other iPads announced.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
It won't take 2 hours to talk about the watch.
I hope they do release 3 new iPads. Maybe its a bit too much to ask, but I'm anticipating an iPad mini redesign (since the mini 3 was a tiny release) an iPad 4 like release for the iPad air, and of course the iPad pro

Ummm they did a pretty piss poor job last year of explaining why anyone will want/need this product. There will be multiple app demos and a lengthy explanation on pricing/why this is the best Apple product to go out and buy. Along with the typical updates this will easily go to 2 hours.

Instead of people wishing for iPads (that were just updated), lets use some logic. The only other things they MIGHT talk about would be a long awaited Apple TV update or price drop or the new iTunes music service coming out.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Ditto, very few people care about the Watch. Who wears a watch anymore?

The Apple Watch will appeal to those that love Apple products and who own an iPhone. I don't own an iPhone and haven't worn a watch in 35 years. There were a lot of doubters saying the iPad would be doomed to failure. Look how that turned out. So no one can say how the Watch will sell.

I suspect the early adopters will buy them in droves. After the initial sales surge is when you get a better idea if the product has legs or arms (pun intended) :eek:

Nee412

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Sunny England!
I originally thought there was an outside possibility of an iPad Pro announcement, but now I'm pretty sure we won't see any iPads until the usual October time slot.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. That's only 8 months from now, which will fly by for most of us. It just means that Apple has more time to perfect the final product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.