March event for the iPads etc

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fokmik, Feb 26, 2017.

1. fokmik macrumors 68000

I bet, since the Samsung galaxy event will be on Wednesday 29th, i really think the Apple event will be on the same week, probably on 28th of March

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

It could happen, it'll probably end up being on the last week of March.

I'm curious about what they'll do for that mythical "low-cost" iPad. My guess is that it'll be like the iPad Pro 9.7" but have no Apple pencil support.

3. Heinz92 macrumors member

Heinz92

I really hope the event will be soon! :D Can't wait what is coming! Even if the new iPads are only selling in may or june.. I just want to know what we are waiting for.

4. snicklesnackle macrumors member

snicklesnackle

Not a needle mover for me. I'm no Samsung fan but the S8 launch will be much more exciting.

5. richinaus macrumors 6502a

Yes, this is going to be an interesting few months to see what MS, Apple and Samsung are up to. Let's hope each has upped their game a little.

I have a feeling though that MS will be the ones on top in terms of innovation, as they have the momentum on some great products at present.

6. Dave245 macrumors 601

I do have to say even as an Apple fan, the leaked images of the S8 do look good, however it runs Andriod and has Touchwiz so it's a no go for me. But Samsung have upped their game in terms of design these last couple of years.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Lets hope that Apple's iPhone 8 does not disappoint!

8. Dave245 macrumors 601

I don't think it will disappoint if the rumours are true, it's sounding like a big upgrade.

9. pr0230 Suspended

I'm already disappointed.... They are going to release so called NEW stuff that Samsung has had out for years... What screen that goes to the edge, amoled screen ,gee never heard of that....eliminating home button... BFD...

10. Dave245 macrumors 601

It's not always about being the first to do something tho, Apple have rarely been the first to do anything, it's about getting it right. We will just have to wait and see in September, but I'm not disappointed at all so far.

11. pr0230 Suspended

BUT nothing NEW... nothing that says, there is NOTHING LIKE this on the market or BETTER...

12. Swisspo macrumors regular

Swisspo

Sure Apple isn't the first to always do it. When they do something that has already been done though, they damn near perfect it and expose flaws in design and how it actually worked for the previous company. Not always, but a huge chunk of the time.

13. Dave245 macrumors 601

Not only this but they also usually find a. Ew and better way of doing it. With these rumours of the iPhone 8 being a curved screen like the 7 Edge, there is probably a reason if they are doing it like that.

14. subjonas macrumors 6502a

iOS

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think most will be shocked by the changes coming. Especially the rumored 5.8 OLED model if accurate.

16. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yea I think so too, most people complain about rumours but come September most people will be excited to pre-order their new iPhone 8 (or whatever Apple decide to call it).

17. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If the rumors are accurate, production is slated to start earlier(June) due to demand and amount of time to manufacture the new iPhone.

18. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yea I think it's because Apple know that the iPhone 8 will sell really well and so they have decided to start production early. The good news with that tho is that leaks will probably happen earlier than normal. So we will start to see which rumours are true.

19. 2457244 macrumors regular

Do you guys still think there will be an event in March? I mean they haven't announced anything yet.

20. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

How far in advance do they usually announce events? Like a week or two? There could be no word for a couple more weeks and still be a March event.

21. Bart Kela macrumors 6502a

Bart Kela

That's right, the lead time for a media event is about a week. Apple doesn't want to give a really long lead time, otherwise it will likely depress sales.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

My Apple stock is depending on the 8 doing well. No regrets so far.

23. Dave245 macrumors 601

I think your Apple stock will be just fine ;) I think the iPhone 8 is looking (from the rumours) to be a great upgrade for many.

24. snicklesnackle macrumors member

snicklesnackle

Agreed, Android means I won't even consider it. Apple's the king of hardware but they'll have to do something special to beat the S8.

25. jozero macrumors regular

If the iPad event was going to happen in late March, the invites should of been sent out today. When the iPad event was in late March the invites were sent out on the 10th.

Maybe the rumour of early April is accurate, then invites should be sent out some time next week.