Maria Sharapova defeated, there goes my day

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Eevee said:
Anyone feel my pain? :(
I feel the pain in my tender loins... ok you guys didn't need to know that.

I love her! She's like so much prettier and skillier than that other russian chick.

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2003
LA
I could strangle her all night long...

boy..that's not healthly is it, that that's the first place I go to?

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Anna Kournikova is an ugly whore. Well, relatively ugly, but a whore nonetheless. Most important, she can't play half decent tennis! Boo, Whornikova. Maria Sharapova is relatively attractive, is... well, the oppopsite of whore. Nun? And she plays EXCELLENT tennis. That she lost to one of the best in the world shouldn't be disheartening. Venus is seven years her season, and likely to retire by the time little Miss Maria is 23, giving her plenty of time to womp on the normy's.

devastator777

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2005
New York City
hubba hubba

Maria is hot but I think that "vamos" is gotz to got, lol, by the way I agree with the comment about corny-kova lova, anywhos I think "skillier" was the funniest word I 've heard alll this year.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
ColoJohnBoy said:
Anna Kournikova is an ugly whore. Well, relatively ugly, but a whore nonetheless. Most important, she can't play half decent tennis! Boo, Whornikova. Maria Sharapova is relatively attractive, is... well, the oppopsite of whore. Nun? And she plays EXCELLENT tennis. That she lost to one of the best in the world shouldn't be disheartening. Venus is seven years her season, and likely to retire by the time little Miss Maria is 23, giving her plenty of time to womp on the normy's.
Um. Kournikova made it to #7 on the ATP rankings. This would mean that she was a better tennis player than roughly 3 billion women and worse than 6. That seems more than halfway decent. She also won several doubles grand slams. She's also not pretentious enough to make calling people from center court her trademark.

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
miloblithe said:
Um. Kournikova made it to #7 on the ATP rankings. This would mean that she was a better tennis player than roughly 3 billion women and worse than 6. That seems more than halfway decent. She also won several doubles grand slams. She's also not pretentious enough to make calling people from center court her trademark.
Did Kournikova win any tournaments as a pro? I know she didn't win any of the grand slams. The only thing Sharapova is lacking is the body of Kournikova.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
acedickson said:
Did Kournikova win any tournaments as a pro? I know she didn't win any of the grand slams. The only thing Sharapova is lacking is the body of Kournikova.
I believe that she never won an ATP tour singles tournament. She did win several doubles tournaments with Martina Hingis. I just think it's silly to call a beautiful woman and excellent tennis player "ugly" and accuse her of being unable to play "halfway decent tennis".

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
acedickson said:
That is very true kournikova is STUNNING!!! ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It's always sad when a person looses, but someone has to loose. We still like to admire a winner, a person at the top of the game. Venus Williams is currently at the top of her game.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
miloblithe said:
Okay, then she hasn't won anything significant. ;)

And winning doubles? Big deal. Martina Hingis may have had something to do with that, hmmm? And Martina did beat people on her own, unlike kournikova, making her the "skillier" of the two. ;)

Um. Kournikova made it to #7 on the ATP rankings. This would mean that she was a better tennis player than roughly 3 billion women and worse than 6. That seems more than halfway decent.
She dares to call herself a professional tennis player, so you'd expect that. If that's your standard for excellence, then you have low standards for pro tennis players to get paid millions.

And Anna is ugly. Yeah, that's right....I said it.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
wdlove said:
It's always sad when a person looses, but someone has to loose. We still like to admire a winner, a person at the top of the game. Venus Williams is currently at the top of her game.
Right, there is only one winner. Venus is a great tennis player. Just that I wanted Maria to win. Oh well...

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Abstract said:
Okay, then she hasn't won anything significant. ;)

And winning doubles? Big deal. Martina Hingis may have had something to do with that, hmmm? And Martina did beat people on her own, unlike kournikova, making her the "skillier" of the two. ;)

She dares to call herself a professional tennis player, so you'd expect that. If that's your standard for excellence, then you have low standards for pro tennis players to get paid millions.

And Anna is ugly. Yeah, that's right....I said it.
To get to number 7 (or maybe it was 8) Kournikova beat just about everyone on the ATP tour, just not enough in a row to win a tournament. She beat Hingis, Davenport, Seles, Conchita-Martinez, Sanchez-Vicario, Graff, Capriati, Clijsters, etc. over the course of her career.

She also won doubles tournaments pairing with Julie Halard-Decugis, Barbara Schett, Janet Lee and Natasha Zvereva in addition to the multiple tournaments she won with Hingis.

She had a lot of injuries over the course of her career, which is the kind of thing that only people who've never attempted any serious athletic endeavor have no sympathy for. She played through stress fractures, torn ligaments, back pain, and so on for years until it became clear that she was fighting a losing battle. She had other career options, so she went for them.

Lastly, if she's ugly, what percentage of women in the world do you think are ugly?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
mcarnes said:
Shameless photographers.
Now why would a photographer shoot Maria Sharapova while she's about to take a big bite out of a banana? That seems like an odd thing to do. There's another thing about that photo that makes it all the stranger...but I don't have to mention that, do I?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Plymouthbreezer said:
That's so wrong.

She is quite attractive though.

Also taken by a "shameless photographer:" :eek:
Those photographers are taking advantage of that Maria Sharapova - that's so wrong (I couldn't agree more).