Marine / Navy exchange availability of iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djc6, Mar 25, 2011.

1. djc6 macrumors 6502

Anyone with an exchange near them hear anything about iPad availability? My local Marine exchange expected to receive various quantities of the full linup today and nothing arrived. Now they have no idea when they'll be in stock, talking in terms of weeks. They had 10 on launch day (various configs) and four 16GB white models showed up earlier in the week, but thats it so far.

2. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Dude good luck with that. Hope they come where you are because none coming for months I heard in the DC area. AAFES online had delayed their orders for a few weeks now so there seems to be no consistant resolve with the military sector.

3. djc6 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, the exchange has received a lot more units than the local walmart :) They had three 64GB wi-fi ipads launch day (two black, one white) and nothing has shown up since! :)

4. djc6 thread starter macrumors 6502

Reminded me; I forgot about the MCX website. It says "The worldwide demand for the iPad2 has exceeded supply and with the recent tragedy in Japan, expect additional delays of six to eight weeks. Product will ship in the order of purchase date." Seems they are selling for $10-$20 less than MSRP depending on the model.

5. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

I would have liked to have saved on tax but it was way risky for me to nnot get one through and military store. I saw them on the websiite as well but opted to get up and order at Apple store . I got mine with the first batch out and exactly the one I wanted so the extra for tax was worth it!

6. jedolley macrumors 68000

Yeah, I got mine from AAFES online. At the time I placed the order it was quoting 2-3 week wait and shipping early April, but It actually shipped 3/14 and was delivered 3/17.

7. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Wow you're lucky. I'm happy for you because I surely waited in line on launch day plus made an online order through AAFES by 5:30 PM and was given an expected shipment date of 18 Mar. Well ummm yeaaa, here I am being told that it was delayed some weeks and not to expect it until some time in April. So I'm waiting to see if it ships next week but if not, I'll just cancel.

I returned my 16G wifi that I got on launch day this morning and exchanged it for a ATT model that I need for overseas in couple of weeks. I rather get the tax-free model but it doesn't look like it's going to happen though as time is getting real short.

8. Cheetablaze macrumors member

Maxwell AFB AAFES no word yet on when iPad 2 will be in stock.

9. jedolley macrumors 68000

That sucks! I wonder if it's because it's an ATT model. Mine was only a 32GB WiFi, and I heard the ATT models are harder to find.

10. jcrmrr macrumors newbie

I bought my white 32gb wifi at San Diego naval exchange on launch day even though I'm closer to Camp Pendleton. There was a line of about 30 people when I arrived at 5pm and they still had a lot left. They only sold wifi models as did camp Pendleton px.

11. M87 macrumors 65816

First they told me the 14th, then they said the 17th and they still don't have them. Glad I got mine from Wal-Mart on launch day.