Mariner Calc versus Mobile Files Pro?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by firewood, Mar 5, 2009.

1. firewood macrumors 604

Has anyone compared these two spreadsheets? They're both $10 and they both claim to have native Excel document editing support.

2. Jeonat macrumors regular

I haven't tried Mariner Calc but have Mobile Files Pro which I mainly use for accessing MobileMe etc. on the move but have had a play with the spreadsheet app which seems fairly comprehensive with a nice interface and good set of functions. I can't immediately see when I would need to use it but if I ever need to edit a spreadsheet on the move, my gut feeling is that I would be served fairly well by it...

j

3. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

I would be interested in this too. I am quite disappointed by Mobile Files Pro. The zoom level never remembers its setting for spreadsheet view and there's no search feature. It also struggles with an important spreadsheet I use that has 2300 rows. The formatting is pretty basic too, I often just set the document up on my macbook pro and sync it across to the iPhone with the format I want. It's certainly no documents to go app.

Mariner Calc does look good, although I'm loathe to spend another £5.99 on my third spreadsheet app! The other one I've tried is "spreadsheet" which isn't very good either!