Mariner Paperless

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kingtj, Nov 15, 2010.

1. kingtj macrumors 68020

I'm wondering if any of you are regular users of the Mariner Paperless software?

I started using it a couple years ago (shortly before Mariner bought out the product, in fact), and use it to this day as my document management software with a Fujitsu ScanSnap s1500m scanner. (I also have an Epson RX580 all-in-one inkjet printer that can be used with it as a flatbed scanner, if you select it as the source -- but I rarely do that.)

Anyway, it seems like a while back, I started having issues with the software refusing to open properly when launched. It only seems to happen after I've been using OS X for a while to run other software. I never narrowed it down to any specific program -- but I suspect running games like what's available via Steam is one thing that causes it to act up? When I encounter the problem, Paperless looks like it's going to launch, but hangs (spinning beach-ball) before the windows open up that contain my document folders.

I already excluded its folders from being indexed by Spotlight after reading where a few people found that caused problems -- but didn't seem to do anything in my situation.

Usually, if I just log out of OS X and log back in, Paperless will launch properly again. A few times though, I had to reboot the machine before it would go back to normal.

Am I the only one experiencing this??

2. jbrettz macrumors member

I have the same setup as you with the scanner and paperless. I have not run into that problem. I would call or send an email to support. I had a good response to them when I ran into a problem last year.

I have been looking at going to Devon Think Pro. It works with the scansnap. However, it is a powerful program, but it indexs everything. Which I may be able to use it instead of paperless.

Brett