Mario Kart 8 promotion

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Lennholm, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Lennholm macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I bought Mario Kart 8 recently and got the promotion code that allows me to choose a free Wii U game for download. I'm not sure which game to choose and was wondering if anyone have any suggestions?
    I was leaning towards either New Super Mario Bros U (since Mario games are awesome and I've heard great things about the Luigi expansion) or Sonic Lost World (simply because it has free, Zelda-themed DLC) but I'm not sure, maybe someone can get me sold on one of the other games. I already got Wind Waker.

Thanks!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What region are you from? Both US and EU regions have different/more titles in their promo.

3. Lennholm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, I see. I'm in the EU, these are the games I can choose from:

- Sonic Lost World

- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games

- New Super Mario Bros. U

- Pikmin 3

- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

- The Wonderful 101

- Game & Wario

- Wii Party U

- Nintendoland

- Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate

Thanks!

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That makes it easier!
    I'd go for Mario because those games really retain their value. Anything else you want but don't choose you can pick up second hand :) that's how I'd tackle it anyway. I selected Wonderful 101 but haven't played it yet. I already own all the games I wanted from the selection and 101 was a leap of faith.

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

6. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I went with Windwaker but only b/c my WiiU was the NSMB WiiU bundle.

Honestly I've only spent about 2 hours on Windwaker so far but I absolutely loved New Super Mario Bros WiiU. If I didn't have either game I'd probably choose it as the promo. But they are both good games.

7. Lennholm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I went with NSMBU in the end, looking forward to trying it out and also to get the Luigi expansion though apparently I have to wait until the middle of August before I get the dl code :/ Thought I would get it right away.

It sure is, it's the reason I got a WiiU in the first place. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten one until Zelda U comes out.

8. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

Wow, you guys had a much bigger selection of games to choose from. I think we only had 4 or 5 to choose from. I wound up going with Wii Party U since I already had Wind Waker HD and wasn't all that interested in the others.