Mario kart DS , HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by xkatex, Dec 12, 2010.

1. xkatex macrumors newbie

xkatex

Hey guys,

I want to play online with my Mariokart DS game but when I try to connect it says 'No access point in range.' My wifi connection from the router is clearly on, since I'm on the internet right now on my laptop. Also, I can access the browser & nintendo DS Shop on the Nintendo DS's home screen just fine. So basically the Wifi works on the DS console, but it won't work in the game?

Have any of you had this problem? What do i do?

Thanks, all the best ♥

2. Narcosynthesis macrumors member

Running my DSlite with Mariokart connected fine for me last time I tried, running it through my home connection as normal.

The one thing I would check would be the in game online settings - try re-searching for an access point and set it up again and see if that helps. The standard 'turn it off, then turn it back on again'...

3. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

ds carts can only do WEP wireless security. if your router is set to anything other than WEP your game will not connect. the dsi hardware itself can connect to other security protocols. thats how you are able to use the browser.

4. xkatex thread starter macrumors newbie

xkatex

My router is most definitely running with WEP security, what else could be going wrong? I have never been able to connect, ever since I got the game.

5. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Is your router running in "b" mode? A DS will need a router that accepts the slower b channel wifi.