Mario Kart for Wii coming April 27 (US)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jaw04005, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Nintendo has announced that Mario Kart for Wii will ship April 27 to the U.S. Europe gets it April 11.

Anyone else super excited? Between Super Smash Bros., Endless Ocean and now Mario Kart — I'm never going to get anything done.

www.mariokart.com

Attached Files:

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

That's good to hear. I'm not crazy about that steering wheel though. I hope they make it compatible with the GC controller. Yea call me lazy, but that's how I like to play games.

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

4. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

It's total bull that Europe gets it before the US. :mad: Not fair! Though, I'll probably still be heavily engrossed in Smash....

And, yes, you will have multiple control options: 1. classic controller 2. Gamecube controller 3. Wii Remote 4. Wiii Remote + nunchuck.

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I may just have to buy a Wii... this is the only game that my wife will play! :D

6. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Oh, how the tides have turned :)

7. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I noticed this a few days ago while reading an IGN article previewing the game, I cannot wait. I reserved it at EB Games the day i picked up Smash Bros :)

From what I hear unfortunately, the traditional controller configuration is preferred over the Wii remote. I was looking forward to using the steering wheel. Oh well, still will be excellent. My only hope is that battle is much more to the tune of Mario Kart 64 than the battle version on Double Dash. In fact, just remaking the N64 version's levels with possibly new weapons and sharper graphics would just make me so happy :eek:

8. jaw04005 thread starter macrumors 601

jaw04005

Apparently, you can use the Wii remote tilted on its side (with or without the wheel shell), the remote and nun-chuck together, a GameCube/WaveBird controller or a Wii Classic controller.

9. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Yeah, that's what I said. 12 players, too!

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

fixed!

11. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I can't wait that long, I have been waiting basically since the Wii was release.

Gawd, I need my Mario Cart.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have soooooooooooooooooooooooo much sympathy... ;)

Remeber Europe won't have Smash Bros by then.. It wont get here till 30th May.

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

hmmmmmm GTA IV a day later....plus most media says its better with a classic controller (that wiimote sure is necessary for 'next-gen'....), [sarcasm] Nintendo's totally rocking online system [/sarcasm] and it looks about the same as Double Dash...... so I'll wait till a price drop.

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Are you being a troll... ;)

I can't believe you just mentioned a game that completely focuses on individual play, as if it will have an effect on a game that's all about friends. What's with that?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game, but only if it does for the Wii what MK DS did for the DS. I wasn't a huge fan of Double Dash either, but I certainly enjoyed the maps they ported to MK DS.

Tilting isn't the best option for racers, but thumb-sticks are one of the worst options for pointing, so at least the Wiimote has a REAL pointer and a thumb-stick option giving it the best of both worlds.

<]=)

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

not at all, just making valid opinions :p

You mean GTA IV coming out? It's gonna effect a lot. How many rabid GTA whores are gonna spend their cash on GTA IV over Mario Kart? Kart is still gonna sell like nuts because well everyone and their dog has a Wii BUT I wonder if putting it so close to one of the biggest games of '08 is a good idea or not.

16. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Biggest game of 08 my arse -- that's their opinion. :)

Regardless, that game has little relevance with this thread besides it being released on a similar date. Besides my friend's kids playing it, peeps my age really didn't get into it. And if GTA is such a big thing, than why didn't it do for the PSP what MK did for the DS. That's a valid point. ;)

<]=)

17. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Already? :eek:

Back it into May or June please! Nintendo needs to know how to space out their AAA games!

18. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The irony. First peeps are commenting/complaining that there's not enough AAA games for the Wii and now too many are coming out too soon together. :D

<]=)

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Get over yourself or move to Europe :p

20. jaw04005 thread starter macrumors 601

jaw04005

Haha. That's coming in May. I've purchased so many games for my Wii compared to my other two consoles.

21. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Aaaand...there's yet another reason to buy a Wii post-haste. Have to get on that...

22. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

Can't wait for this one, I will be getting this game right when it comes out! Got Mario Kart on virtual console to tie me over a little but really can't wait for this game.

23. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

This game is going to be superb. IGN just posted a preview/impressions with 2:30 video of battle. You will have the option to have up to 8 computer players offline (able to be sorted into teams if desired) in addition to 4 people split screen and for online play teams will also be available. There are 5 Wii-specific courses and 5 remakes INCLUDING BLOCK FORT!!!

I cannot wait.

Link.

24. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

IGN also said they'd give it a mid to high 7, so I don't think superb is the word I would use.

25. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Where did they done didify done say that? :confused:

<]=)