Marion (my dog) Is 10!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thedude110, Apr 14, 2007.

1. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

So. My dog is your average, pink polo shirt wearing, psychotic greyhound mix.

polomo.jpg

And today, Marion turned the big one oh. In honor of this occasion, the woman bought the dog a "cake" (Note: By all indications, re: my attempts to shove a freaking candle into the ... rock hard layer of cookie ... this was not "cake" in a traditional, human sense).

cake.jpg

We sang to the dog (the dog sang along), and posed the dog despite her growing anxiety about the cake's potential escape.

moaquiver.jpg

When Marion heard her release word, she focused her anxiety on the destruction of her "prey."

nutsomo.jpg

Finally, Marion transitioned from trying to eat the entire cake at once to general contentment (with her cake, at least).

sublimemo.jpg

That last pic -- the seeming contentment -- is only a shadow of the joy she's brought to us these past 6 years.

:)

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Very very awesome. :)

Happy birthday to Marion!!!! :D

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Aw, hilarious photos! :D And commentary, wouldn't have expected any less from you, thedude.

Question: What is her release word?

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Your baby looks pretty content. I miss not having a big dog. My big German Shepherd died a couple years ago. I still miss him. Good job on the birthday pictures.

Our current dog is really awesome. Christmas looked a bit like Marion's birthday, but she had to rip the paper off the bones. These were the bones she proceeded to bury in the backyard where the local raccoon population had a super new year...

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Does she always wear a shirt?

That's really cool. Love the cake. :D

Happy Birthday Marion!

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Awww, what a sweet needlesnout! Seeing pups get properly doted on is like the best thing ever.

7. thedude110 thread starter macrumors 68020

thedude110

"Marion ... OK."

She has a variety of ... garments. I generally don't have the energy or ... desire ... to dress her. My wife, on the other hand, dresses the dog with ... some frequency.

8. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

Happy birthday to Marion. :) Marion looks like a very cool dog.:)