Mark On Brand New White Band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by donster28, May 28, 2015.

1. donster28, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015

donster28 macrumors 65816

Just got my white band to compliment my original black, and I have an observation:

Has anyone noticed this on their white band? It's like a cutter/blade or something sharp left this line mark (it's thinner in person than in the picture).

I've tried another brand new one in the Apple Store and it also has this on the same spot.

The mark is not at all noticeable in normal lighting but on certain angles, it is. Not a big deal to me because it doesn't seem to open up when flexed, and I can't feel it at all when running my finger nail on it. I'm assuming it's part of the mold in the factory.

I know that this is classic OCD on my part but I'm just curious. :)

Attached Files:

2. alexcue macrumors regular

alexcue

Okay... you made me look! :D

I see nothin', I'll check mine at home tonight. If i find it I'm going to be pissed... at you!:cool:

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha...like I said, it's just me being OCD but let us know if you see something anyway. :)

4. cruzmisl macrumors regular

Seems like a mold imperfection or something. Given the location under the wrist I highly doubt it is worth any effort to do something about it, but this is MR, so...

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol! I'm using a 24" monitor right now, and could barely see it.

6. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Yes I've had factory specks on both my white and pink bands. #speckghazi is my buzzword for it.

7. donster28, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015

donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahh...thanks for chiming in. :)

I knew I wasn't alone. Just noticed that the right side of the hole has one too, making me think these are marks from the packaging.

8. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I'm very OCD about stuff like that to but I don't see it on mine. I bought the white actually so it'll (hopefully) hide the wear marks unlike the original BSB that came with my SG Watch.

9. jjlannoo Suspended

If you have OCD I would not of bought a white band. Check out your iPhone charging cable for the future of that band.

10. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

As I said, I am ok with it. I like the white band. My post is merely to tell others of my observation.

And no, I don't think it will end up like the charging cable as evidenced by some posters putting it through a rigorous workout.

11. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

They really need a gray or charcoal sport band. Oh and the red ones that I mocked up the other day! :D

12. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

I have OCD and have been taking medication and doing CBT and I completely understand where you're coming from. I got my iPhone 6+ and was ecstatic and then I read about the way overblown bending problem and put it glass down on a completely flat table and it wobbled a bit. For the life of me I couldn't find a bend but it bugged me because I knew it could be warped in some way shape or form and I just kept obsessing about it because it wasn't perfect. If I couldn't even notice a bend or even if it were a hair off it doesn't affect the function of the device whatsoever and it's just a phone. There isn't one thing in life that is perfect and I strongly recommend you just keep it. OCD is an endless cycle. I've come to realize like I stated that nothing is perfect and you're going to find something in everything you get. The best thing you can do is just use it and enjoy it and forget about it. It doesn't help by replacing things like that. It is truly and endless cycle and it will manifest itself in other aspects of life. Sorry if this doesn't apply to you I just needed to get that thought off my chest and was just venting. Not trying AT ALL to start anything or what not it just helps me to talk about it. I wouldn't return it unless it was something serious. It is a band and is likely to get a little worn in over time.

13. ME Nick macrumors member

ME Nick

Just picked up a white sport band from the local Apple Store.
    Had the same mark, on both sides - definitely from the packaging.
    Tore the packaging right at that spot before going to other shops, and by the time we came back to the band sitting in a hot car, the marks were practically gone.