Mark stuck behind screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheAppleGeek, Nov 14, 2011.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

I have a 13" MacBook Pro, and since around July or August, have had something stuck behind the screen. I am not sure how to describe it, but it is visible when my wallpaper is black or dark-colored or when I am running any sort of program with a dark-colored background. It is highly noticeable and is driving me insane.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

http://i.imgur.com/IrQ8A.jpg

2. goMac macrumors 603

This is a pressure mark usually. It means something pushed against the lid and damaged the LCD. You can sometimes see this is the laptop is in a bag with heavy books, even if it's a padded compartment.

I had a Powerbook ship with this issue years ago, and it took forever to try to get Apple to fix it because they thought I damaged it. (To be fair, I waited on getting it dealt with, which didn't help.) But I've seen this on a lot of other machines when I worked IT.

3. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

I figured it was something related to a pressure mark. I suppose I am stuck with this, then?

4. goMac macrumors 603

Yeah, not really much of a fix besides replacing the LCD. You could always take it to the Apple Store and see what they say.

5. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, the closest Apple Store to me is six hours away.