Price Advice market value for iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by utl768, Sep 28, 2011.

1. utl768, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011

utl768 macrumors 6502

ill prolly buy the 5 so what should i be looking to get for a 16gb 3gs

Reminder from the moderators: This thread is for price advice. You can ask for or offer advice on pricing but you may not offer to buy, sell, or trade in this thread or any other thread in the Buying Tips and Advice forum. All buying/selling/trading threads must be in the Marketplace forum, which is open only to established members. See the Rules for the Buying Tips and Advice forum and the Marketplace Rules. Thank you!

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

It will be worth a lot more now than after the iPhone 5 comes out so sell ASAP.

4. SenseiPhone macrumors regular

Agreee...
    before the price falling down too far, go get it listed & packed now!

5. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I just bought one for our son from Craigs list in perfect condition for $150.

6. MacHamster68, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

better try ebay there are still some who pay a lot more for those now becoming old 3GS

bought one in town in a phone repair shop £45 ,only a little half inch scratch on the bottom of the display ,and some very fine scratches on the white back , all hardly noticable , market gets swamped now as the iPhone 5 is due to come out soon , and the talk about a cheap basic version of the iPhone 4 , people flock them as quick as they can now and thats a great advantage for buyers . Most got them on contract for free , so any price they get is a good price
    Haggling is easy the shop did want £80 but i convinced them that they have it now since 8 weeks in the shop window and if they want to sell it then we need to meet somewhere near half that price

just needed a second mobile phone for business needs ..dont want some people to know my private mobile phone number and the 3gs with will do, 16gb are enough , if i couldn't haggle them down i would have bought another new HTC ;)

7. npep macrumors member

I sold mine on ebay for $280...about two weeks ago. I had the original box, case and all accessories. I was very pleased!:)

8. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I would say right now is a bad time to sell given that the market is getting flooded with used iPhones. The price drop will bottom out when the iPhone 4S/5 is released. After a month I would expect the prices of the outdated iPhones to return to absurd levels.

9. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

$150 if you want to sell quick. You could probably get $200 if you gave it a few days.