Market Value of 2.5G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BG-Mac, Jun 9, 2008.

1. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

Taking into account everything that was announced today, what do you think our current iPhones will bring on ebay? Could they possibly increase in value with respect to the new contract structure? :rolleyes:

2. witchdrash macrumors member

You aren't going to sell a GPRS iPhone unless it's unlocked, so the contract point is a little moot, you could probably still sell it for £150/£200 simfree, but more than that and people will probably not figure in the cost of the contract on top, people can be really stupid if they don't have to pay the cost upfront.

3. lorinserbenz macrumors newbie

Early adopters will do very well selling their Iphones on the Bay.
    Best bet is to what till AFTER the 3g hits the stores..
    Id guess that Apple will whack your credit card for $500 or $600 if you do not activate the Iphone in 30 days.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

You'll probably still get a good price considering people can use these phones on any network by jailbreaking them. The jailbreak status of 3G iPhone is still flakey with the in-store buying / activating.

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

iPhone 1 will be worth a ton considering the Bolshevism policies at&t and apple are implementing...

6. BG-Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

If I end up being able to pay for the 3G iPhone AND put a few bucks in my pocket, i'll be very pleased.. :D

7. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Not when they force you to activate your 3G iphone in store.

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

As others have stated, I also think the older gen iPhones will retain their value quite nicely and will be seen as the only unlockable iPhones.

It seems for an unlocker to make a profit they'd need to sell the unlocked 3G iPhone for around $900-$1000 dollars. I don't really see that happening a lot.

9. ehoez macrumors member