Marketing Genius?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

don't u think by apple pricing the gold to ridic amount north of 10k makes the SS and aluminum price points a bargain? i mean they could make everything look cheap comparing to the edition at that point. the 349 starting point now looks cheap. think iphone 5s vs 5c... alot of people jumped to the 5s because of the 100 difference became a bargain for the premium package.

all of a sudden 999 SS/link band combo doesn't look too expensive, vs. 25k Gold/link band combo. OR Gold/black rubber band is 12k vs. SS/black rubber band for 599. the markup for the edition is insane.

just an observation that is, i'm not gonna fuss about it since i can't afford the edition and not in the market for it anyways... whoever can afford it, should get it. if you can't then don't cry how expensive it is.

Basically, i think it's GENIUS marketing. thanks Phil haha

2. arminta7 macrumors regular

arminta7

Totally. With the iPhones $600-800 was quite a lot for me to stomach. Now with the watch I feel like $649 is the least I can do! Funny how that works...

3. Nicklaus macrumors 6502

Nicklaus

Absolutely, Fashion 101... make an unattainable product that the celebs wear and then a "bargain" one that is just barely attainable to most. Then bring it down another level "target, mall stores etc" and you have a hit. They did all this in one wave, very smart ! And yes it makes the high price of the sport look cheap by comparison.

4. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

The 10k version looks so cheap compared with the 17k one. If only I were wealthy.