Marketing Materials

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Ih8reno, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Went out to get a computer related item and asked the seller if he had anything vintage. What I received was an amazing snapshot of Apple marketing materials. These are full of specs and Apple marketing goodness from the PPC days. Included were 2 Time magazines I’ll be reading soon enough. Thought I’d share this with the PPC forum for your enjoyment. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I used to have a ton of those little marketing booklets. At one point, probably 20 of them. I have no idea where they went, but I think they may have met the garbage by accident. I do still have some OS X Aqua promotional stickers and even some OS X temp tattoos that were out when OS X was introduced.

3. Dronecatcher macrumors 68030

Dronecatcher

I'm always fascinated by the inherent contradiction here, as shown by the marketing materials, that Apple products back then could enable us to do fantastic things and be productive...but now are junk and useless - even though the things we do are essentially the same at the core.
    I can't think of any other field of consumerism where enforced obsolescence is more rampant.
    Luckily this does give the rest of us quality (but aging) hardware to tinker with indefinitely at pocket money prices :)

4. RhianB macrumors 6502a

RhianB