Marketplace-Dedicated Sub Sections

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by marclapierre13, Jun 24, 2009.

1. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

We need sub sections within the marketplace, such as "wanted", "sold", and "feeler". On other forums (pentax in particular), when you create a thread, there is a drop-down box that you can indicate whether it is a "wtb", "fs", or if it is "sold". Accordingly, it moves the thread into the appropriate sub section.

I think since this forum is made up of so many "feeler" threads, it should also have its own subsection since a lot of them are to lazy to do their own research, or are not even interested on selling it here (of course there are some who use it sparingly and appropriately).

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sounds like a good idea but I see a few issues.

What happens when a feeler becomes a FS thread? Too much work for mods to have to move threads to other forums. Same for once an item is sold.

Having one forum makes searching much easier. LOL, I know no one searches but I'm just saying.

4. marclapierre13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

In the pentax forum, the OP just goes into "Advanced edit" and changes the type of listing from the drop-down menu. So its up to the OPs to change their threads (with a helpful reminder from mods to the posters in some sort of text that appears when posting, like a reminder)

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We have some ideas on this front, so it is on our radar. I can't guarantee that anything will necessarily happen soon, but there are some things we want to do with the Marketplace to improve the experience. Thanks for the feedback.