Marketplace Feedback sub-forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by stiligFox, Mar 25, 2015.

1. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

Hello there! I've been working with lots of wonderful folks on the Marketplace, and was wondering; would it be possible to add a subforum where each person can make/have made/have a thread for their feedback from buyers/sellers? I imagine it could reside on the same tier as the Collectables sub-forum.

I recently joined TurboBricks - a Volvo based website that runs very similarly to MacRumors. There they use this system I have described; a person creates (or in my case was created by another user) a feedback thread.

This would help promote good sellers and help others steer clear of poor sellers.

I saw that there was another thread with this idea from a few years ago; it was never really concluded and the thread starter has been banned, which is why I decided to create a new thread.

Any thoughts on this idea?

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

You could always leave feedback using the "Visitor Messages" feature provided it's enabled on their account. I will probably enable the feature before I gain access to the Marketplace.

3. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

This has been answered before, but it's worth repeating.

The Marketplace forum isn't one of MacRumor's main features; it's simply a perk for those who meet the requirements. Members can reference their feedback at other sites and/or in other Marketplace threads when making Marketplace offers, and we encourage members to post feedback in threads.

This is also covered in the Marketplace rules:

(Bolded text is my emphasis.)

4. stiligFox thread starter macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

Ah okay, makes sense. My bad for not looking at the rules harder >w<

Thank you for the reply!

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

No problem, and you're welcome!