Marketplace Feedback

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by classof2011, May 22, 2007.

1. classof2011 macrumors regular

While spending some of my time screwing around with my RAZR V3i, I found a modding website called www.modmymoto.com ... which is another "vBulletin powered" forum.

Recently, they started a BST feedback system [their Marketplace is called " Buy | Sell | Trade " ], in which you can leave positive, neutral, or negative feedback along with comments of the transaction. It's sort of setup the way eBay's feedback system is.

Well, I think it may be a good idea since it would be more convenient than just making a list of what you've sold. This way, anyone interested in trading/buying/selling to someone can check the user's feedback and such. I think that the Mods/Gods/Administrators would be the ones who would create the system.

So....is it a good idea for this Forum?

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

It's been discussed before. I think that overall, the idea has been turned down quite a few times.

3. classof2011 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh. I haven't been here in a while, so I haven't been up-to-date on the posts. Just thought I'd give it a shot.

Although if I remember correctly, ModMyMoto made theirs since there were so many requests for it, so the Mods decided to. So I guess there hasn't been enough requests for a feedback sytem here?

4. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

There's nothing better than site specific feedback. I say it's a good idea.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I think it is a good idea as well. I just completed a sale with someone, and they were an absolute delight to deal with. I feel there should be a way to pass this info on to other members. If there have been several threads on it, perhaps it is a good idea. It should be simple enough to do.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

With the current system, we encourage you to post positive feedback in the threads for particular Marketplace transactions you've made.

That also means that you should look for such feedback in previous Marketplace threads for people you are considering deals with.

7. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

You could always use sear... oh wait. It doesn't work.

Maybe we should fix that before we tinker with the MP. ;)