Marketplace Mod/Admin Response

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Spink10, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Why do Mods/Admin show love to known scammers and treat helpful, loyal, MacRumors members like trash? Why can't Admin/Mons respond when asked. Thanks

I was directed to post here. So I did. If your personally offended and I need to do something different please let me know.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/evga-1080-ftw.2037584/

#stopshowinglovetoscammer #Iwasted$20lastyearwhenIcontributedtoMacRumors

@arn

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Understandably, we don't know all the facts (behind the scenes between those directly involved and the forum staff).

My guess is the forum staff are doing their best to give both members the opportunity to present proof of their claims and or resolve the case on their own, before the staff has to step in, render a decision, and possibly issue a formal statement, since a lot of drama was publicly noted.

One thing I do disagree with, is the continual suspended / normal status merry-go-round of the member involved, along with the thread popping up and back into mod territory. Doing do can confuse forum members, as well as project the ideal, that the forum staff is struggling to resolve the manner in a consistent manner that does not produce needless forum drama that can affect the reputation of the site.

If the aforementioned merry-go-round is needed so that said member(s) can be given the opportunity to 'clear the air' and rectify any possible wrong, would it not be better to set up a sub dispute forum, whereby only those directly involved have access, and the rest of the forum no access or read only? And if a member has been temporarily suspended for possible fraud etc., that the only forum that said member(s) would see and have access to while in such status would be the sub forum, until such a time the forum staff properly adjudicates the final determination of forum membership, status and access?

3. Spink10 thread starter Suspended

Spink10

True and the probably can't google and see this person is a known scammer. Everything pointing to guilty. Suspend until furthered noticed. Currently they are subjecting all MacRumors to potential scammer.

Its a known fact that MacRumors hates Marketplace...but they need to keep their dropping user base any way they can.

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Known fact?

5. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

i posted enough proof as they wanted and you keep dragging my name into the mud please get facts right before even saying i'm a dam scammer i have sold numerous of items here with no issues and members can search for those threads themselves with the buyers responding that they got there items.

not my fault someone tried to pull a fast one with a stolen card to give me a gift card used to buy with the illegal card
    --- Post Merged, Mar 19, 2017 ---

i was suspended because i named called and i have proof of those mod messages to why i was suspended i was not suspended for anything that happen with the failed trade
    --- Post Merged, Mar 19, 2017 ---
    what i was banned for which don't warrant a permie ban

Attached Files:

6. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

The moderators and administrators do reply when we are contacted. We have a privacy policy, and do not discuss specific moderation with anyone other than involved users. As per the rules, users should not post questions about or discuss specific moderation in public threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.