Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
It looks like you just met the requirements, give the servers a few hours to catch up.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
It's not like eBay. It's more like a marketplace on forums...

More like one person puts up a For Sale (FS) thread, and whoever gives the right price first gets the item. You don't have to sell even if people offered (As in somebody offered $14 for something, and you want to sell for $15, you most likely wouldn't sell it until somebody gives you $15).

Mostly it's done through PM's though. You'll see in a few hours :)

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Thanks for the information. I was indeed a little bit impatience. But I only expected delay with an avatar (because my status was changed I thought the market place would be open at the same time).

One more question, I understand that you must make a thread. So you can place this thread anywhere, or is there the special market place forum, between the other forums?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Thanks for the information. I was indeed a little bit impatience. But I only expected delay with an avatar (because my status was changed I thought the market place would be open at the same time).

One more question, I understand that you must make a thread. So you can place this thread anywhere, or is there the special market place forum, between the other forums?

There is a special marketplace forum, under the community section.

You should be able to see it on this page:

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/21/

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
This should describe it all for you... but yes, there is a separate Forum for this

Market Place Rules

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.