Markings on underside of MacBook? (White/Black)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by itsJOHNO, May 25, 2009.

1. itsJOHNO macrumors newbie

Hey,

Recently called up Apple to have my casing repaired after the upper and lower casing began to crack. Now the top was replaced without a hitch but the lower is a different story, they say that the bottom case will not be repaired as I have removed the markings from the lower case and therefore the damage to the lower case will be seen as accidental.

Now this is a load of crap, as nothing has been done to remove the markings and I am just trying to collect information whether anyone else who has a macbook either no longer has these markings or if they have faded away.

If anyone is unsure of what I mean, the markings such as the FCC logo etc.
    [​IMG]

It would be much appreciated if you could post an image of the underside of your macbook if your markings are no longer existant or have began to fade.

Thanks,
    Johnathan

2. unixfool macrumors 6502a

My markings are still there, but I normally sit with my knees apart. I can see those markings disappearing if I always had my knees together, though.

If that happened to me (them telling me that), I'd go to another store or ask for a supervisor, whichever is easier...what they told you is bull dung.

3. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

:eek: there are markings on the bottom of my computer!?!

Well... there might have been once. My MacBook gets transported in a bag with an elasticised fluffy compartment that buffs it clean constantly. The result; no fingerprint markings, but them FCC thingies have all but gone.

I'd take a picture but the only camera to hand is the iSight itself, sorry :(

EDIT heh I just realised how effeminate that sounded. By fluffy I mean its lined with some kind of deep-pile felt or something.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The markings are still on mine. I've had it for over a year.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

judging by your picture the markings are totally present on yours, or is that not a picture of yours? but anyway, i accidentally removed the marks on the bottom of my whitebook with rubbing alcohol when i was trying to clean off the dye from my blanket which permanently stained the bottom of my macbook because of the heat. luckily i sold it and got an aluminum one, i didn't even think that would be a problem though....

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The markings are still on my iBook G4 from late 2003...heh

They stay on there pretty well unless you take some alcohol/a razor blade to'em.

8. hndn macrumors regular

Would the invisible shield remove the marking?

9. itsJOHNO thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey,

Thanks everyone who replied, yeah I think when I visit the store tomorrow im gonna ask to speak to someone who is a little higher than the people I have dealt with already. The problem is, they wont replace it unless Apple Care give them the go ahead - and Apple Care wont give the go ahead unless they know its not been caused by the user!

As some of you may have guessed, thats not a picture of my macbook but one of the only pictures I could find of the underside of the macbook so I just used that.

Thanks for all your help. Still interesting to see who has and who doesnt have the markings on the bottom of their system.