Marks on screen

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Handle, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Handle macrumors regular

I have a 2009 24" iMac. Recently I noticed that when there is gray or light colors being displayed there are marks going across the screen. It looks like watermarks. There is no pattern, at first I thought the screen was just dirty but after looking closer I can see its definitely behind the glass.

Any idea what it is? I would assume burn-in but the pattern doesn't match anything I display.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Dirt trapped beneath the glass was a common complaint on the older style iMacs. Could it be that? Usually described as a dark smudge.

3. Handle thread starter macrumors regular

It could be that, but it seemed to appear at once recently. You'd think dirt would build up slowly over time.

4. Handle thread starter macrumors regular

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Could it be the GPU is acting up? Please monitor the temps of especially your GPU. It could be it can't dissipate it's heat due to dust or it's dying. Try running your fans on maximum speed to blow out dust or open your iMac up and use compressed air to clean it.

6. Handle thread starter macrumors regular

7. h9826790 macrumors G3

h9826790

Is that only happen when the monitor just switch on? It may take some time for monitor to warm up.