markthatmessage - timestamp on ALL sms/mms.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by barneyevo, Nov 2, 2010.

1. barneyevo macrumors member

about time, is all i can say!
    anyway, i've purchased this on cydia for a very resonable price of 99c, however, i have a question:

[​IMG]
    here is the official screenshot of the package in action and i was interested to see that the date on the timestamp is different to what apple has it as standard.

after installing the package, my timestamps are still in the standard format, e.g. 02/11/2010 8:02PM

was a different hack used to change the timestamp?
    there seem to be no settings included with markthatmessage to allow this change.

2. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

The BiteSMS beta does this and it even goes to the seconds. Plus it is free as long as you don't mind ads.

3. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Nice little feature, but this is not a $0.99 app IMO. Both Bite SMS and iReal SMS offer time stamp feature built in, and both are far superior to the native Apple SMS app. To pay $0.99 for one small feature that does not improve any other functionality of the native app, and is icluded in packages that DO vastly improve SMS functionality is wasteful and redundant to me... Good to know it's out there, though - just in case there is someone who LOVES the native SMS app I guess.

4. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

when will that version of BiteSMS be official?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I thought the official 5.0 Bitesms does this already.

6. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I see.
    It does it when you hold the message in question and it dispays the time and even seconds but doesnt do it right now for every single one unless you check each.

8. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I think I prefer it this way though, it's far less obstructive than what MTM does.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here. If I need to lookup the time of a specific message I can just hold my finger over and get it. Much cleaner but I know others want it there so the next 5.1 update will have an option leaving up to the user to decide. Love bitesms:D

10. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

biteSMS doesn't display the dates look the above screenshot. Instead, it puts them off to the side of the text bubble (at the same spot it does when you hold down on the message normally), so it's actually less obtrusive than the default way.