Maroo steps up

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BESLC, Mar 19, 2012.

1. BESLC macrumors regular

MAROO steps up, exemplifying a company committed to excellence in their products and customer service. Bellow is a letter from the CEO of Maroo, regarding the magnet issue recently identified.

Though this issue was unknown and not unique to Maroo, from the moment the issue was reported they demonstrated a commitment to resolving the issue quickly, with customer satisfaction at the forefront. Thank you Maroo!

We're Sorry

In today’s world, few companies do the right thing when mistakes are made.

Allow me to introduce myself; I’m Dave Dietz, CEO and one of the three owners of Maroo. Recently, in preparation for the launch of the new iPad, we at Maroo made modifications to our iPad folio cases. It was our intention to offer our customers – whose acceptance and satisfaction of our products is our top priority – the 3rd generation iPad case at the same time the new iPad was released. Prior to the new iPad’s launch, all indications pointed to our current case fitting and functioning perfectly.

However, in the 11th hour, we discovered that there is an issue with the sleep/wake feature. The new iPad’s internal trigger that brings the device in and out of sleep mode has been modified. The magnet that is embedded in our covers that were shipped out for the new iPad doesn't always work because of this modification. We feel the sleep/wake feature is a very important function of our cases, and any imperfection is simply unacceptable.

For this, we sincerely apologize. We will not hide nor try to make excuses for our mistake, and most importantly, we will make things right. For those who purchased a case for the new iPad between March 7 and March 16, this is our solution:

* We are currently ordering re-configured cases with modified smart magnets.
    * When those cases are built, each customer that submits their original sales information in the form below will receive a replacement case that works.
    * Please keep the case you have now. After all, it still provides excellent protection and works perfectly for those of you who also have an iPad 2.

All you have to do is fill out all fields in this form. Everything else, we'll handle.*

[/B][/B]

2. d.lam311 macrumors newbie

Exemplary customer service from maroo! It's incredible how quickly they have acknowledged the problem and the way they are dealing with it, it's stress free and hassle free for their customers. They have won over a returning customer and I would not hesitate to recommend them to friends and family!

On another note, their moko cases are very very nice:):)

3. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

That's really good to hear. They have some nices cases...just wish they were thinner. I just find them too bulky but this post made me give them a nice long look cause of the customer service they offer

4. BESLC thread starter macrumors regular

I have the Moko,high quality supple leather with excellent mounting and protection. The case is not bulky at all.

5. Godzilla71 macrumors 6502

Godzilla71

Loving my Moko as well. I am really pleased and impressed with Maroo's customer service too as I received the email tool. :) :cool:

6. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

Very impressed with the customer service from Maroo, especially since they are such a small company. The world could use more companies like them.

Also, the Moko cases rules!!!

7. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Well, I don't mean like an Otterbox bulky but the leather is a bit too supple for my taste. I was looking for something a bit thinner. This adds quite a bit of thickness to the iPad. Very nice cases though.

8. diegosilang macrumors member

This type of reply shows that a company like Maroo puts its customers above all else (i.e. profits). They definitely have earned my respect and will remain a loyal and repeat customer. Thank you Maroo!

9. ZipZap macrumors 601

I applaud Maroo for doing the right thing but the CEO spun it a bit. It was customers that discovered the issue not Maroo.

Polarity of the magnets was not a consideration prior to IP3.

10. VaughnA macrumors newbie

Be bought two cases, one for me and one for the Missus during the 50% off sale last week. We love the cases, and at 50% off they were a steal. As for the closure mine is flaky and hers never worked at all. I got the email last night and went ahead and filled it out.

Maroo is definitely one of those companies that I'll recommend to a friend. It's rare in this day and age to see a company step up like this. Bravo Maroo.

11. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Can anyone comment more on the bulk of the Maroo cases? I'm interested in keeping my iPad as light and as thin as possible. Is the Maroo case comfortable to hold?

I'm not sure if people will understand what I'm about to say but... I noticed with these sorts of "book" cases (where the iPad exists inside a sleeve that protrudes past the iPad's edges), when you open the flap all the way back and put it flat, in many ways, you're holding two objects; you're not really gripping the iPad alone. And that to me, is quite uncomfortable to hold. It sort of causes slipping and sliding.

That's why the handle-strap of the Maroo case is really interesting to me.

Please chime in on the bulk and comfort of the Maroo cases? Would appreciate.

12. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

If you're trying to keep it as thin and light as possible, then maybe it's not for you, but I find it to be just the right trade-off between bulk and comfort/protection. And it looks nice too.

Lots of videos you can check out -- search YouTube -- to get the best idea without actually trying one.

13. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

I also got one of these emails sometime last night. I originally ordered a Koe II for my new iPad in the middle of last week but it wouldn't be here in time for my new iPad last Friday. I ended up canceling that order and buying the same case from Amazon that would make it to me in time with Amazon Prime. I replied to the email they sent me yesterday explaining my situation and hopefully they have some sympathy for me and I can get a new case as well.

14. Rgladman macrumors regular

I agree, I have been using the Kumara since last May and it is a grerat trade-off. Has held up very well also.

15. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I bought the Moko as well and love it. Glad to see Maroo making a correction for us without hassle. Though they didn't know Apple changed the magnets, they still apologized and are making it right. I'll be a returning customer for sure. Good job. :)

Plus the case is really nice, high quality and comfortable. It's not bulky at all.

16. AcuraRL macrumors newbie

Is the only difference between the Moko and the Maunga the quality of the leather? The descriptions are almost the same. If so, the leather better be REALLY a lot better since it more than doubles the price.

MOKO - $44.99- The one that started it all, the Maroo Moko case for the new iPad and iPad 2 has a clean, minimal design that begs to be held and touched. Made from quality black leather, the Moko is loaded with features like our SG Bumper™ technology, smart magnet functionality, and multiple viewing angles to help you get the most of your iPad. Includes Waikawa cleaning cloth.

MAUNGA - $99.99 - Debonair and made for the jet-setting lifestyle, the Maroo Maunga case for the new iPad and iPad 2 accents you in the best way possible. Made from premium black leather, the Maunga is classic, sophisticated, and features our four-corner SG Bumper™ technology that completely protects your iPad from drops, shocks, and bumps. Additionally, the smart magnet compatibility lets you bring your iPad in and out of sleep mode simply by opening or closing the case.

17. toonarmymad macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a brand new unused Seth Aaron UK case
    Please can you tell me if it will work 100% with the "new" iPad 3rd generstion?
    Thanks

18. BESLC thread starter macrumors regular

I can't speak directly to the value of the Maunga over the Moko. I can say the Moko,which I have, is a high quality supple leather. I believe the construction on all Maroo cases is the same,with the exception of materials.

I have owned several cases for my first Gen Ipad, I can honestly say the Moko is superior to all, and a great value. I like the security of the SG bumper system, and the fact that the entire screen is free on the new Ipad. In terms of leather Quality, I am extremely pleased with the Moko..looks and feels great.

19. BESLC thread starter macrumors regular

The magnet issue for the smart function is hit and miss on cases. The only way you will know if it works is to give it a try. If the case was purchased between the 7th and 16th I know Maroo is replacing those cases with magnet issues. If you have any other questions, give Maroo a call or send them an email, they are a great company and I am sure they will make sure you are happy.

20. toonarmymad macrumors newbie

Hi
    Thanks for your help
    I tried the Seth Aaron UK on my iPad 3rd gen but the magnets would not work,so my iPad does not go into sleep mode:( so not sure what if anything I can do here in the UK

21. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Barvo and thumbs up to the fine folks at Maroo!

Mark

22. feazle macrumors newbie

The Seth Aaron ones don't have the magnets at all (they tell you that on the website). I have one and even though it doesn't have the smart feature, I still love it!

23. Shora macrumors newbie

Was on the fence for a new case. My new ipad has been naked since the 16th.

Almost went Joy Factory or STM but when I read this post about Maroo stepping up, I placed the order right away.

I understand that Targus stepped up as well and was gonna head to BB for the slim case, had I not seen this thread. Basically, was going to base my choices on companies that I want to support rather than just about what's available.

Thanks for sharing this info with us. Cannot wait to get this Maroo.