Marshall Majors?

JMS803

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
Anyone have any experience with the marshall majors in terms of sound quality? I'm a guitar fan, and am looking for some new headphones (not really for guitar playing, but it would be a nice capability) In terms of music, I listen to all kinds of stuff from blues, rock, indie, electronic etc. With the price at $89 shipped on amazon, they're looking tempting.

I've been using the standard iPhone earbuds for years, but the best portable headphones I've listened to are the Sennheiser HD-25 II's, but they are way out of my price range.
Thanks for any help!

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Anyone have any experience with the marshall majors in terms of sound quality? I'm a guitar fan, and am looking for some new headphones (not really for guitar playing, but it would be a nice capability) In terms of music, I listen to all kinds of stuff from blues, rock, indie, electronic etc. With the price at $89 shipped on amazon, they're looking tempting.

I've been using the standard iPhone earbuds for years, but the best portable headphones I've listened to are the Sennheiser HD-25 II's, but they are way out of my price range.
Thanks for any help!
I don't like ANY "on ear" headphones. No matter who makes them. I use the full size studio type headphones, or earbuds if I'm outdoors walking the dog or at the gym.

The on-ear type compromise the sound and are I think, are not comfortable.

The first question when buying headphones is "what is the listening environment?" and "how will they be used?"

JMS803

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
What is your price range? Is portability your main concern?
Budget is about $90. Portability is a concern, as is style to a degree (irrelevant in terms of SQ, but I dig the look of the marshalls a lot)

The first question when buying headphones is "what is the listening environment?" and "how will they be used?"
The listening environment is really any time I can't use my speakers, so most likely in transit, at home etc. Nothing professional, just casual listening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.