Marshall Majors?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by JMS803, May 20, 2012.

1. JMS803 macrumors member

Anyone have any experience with the marshall majors in terms of sound quality? I'm a guitar fan, and am looking for some new headphones (not really for guitar playing, but it would be a nice capability) In terms of music, I listen to all kinds of stuff from blues, rock, indie, electronic etc. With the price at $89 shipped on amazon, they're looking tempting.

I've been using the standard iPhone earbuds for years, but the best portable headphones I've listened to are the Sennheiser HD-25 II's, but they are way out of my price range.
    Thanks for any help!

2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

What is your price range? Is portability your main concern?

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

I don't like ANY "on ear" headphones. No matter who makes them. I use the full size studio type headphones, or earbuds if I'm outdoors walking the dog or at the gym.

The on-ear type compromise the sound and are I think, are not comfortable.

The first question when buying headphones is "what is the listening environment?" and "how will they be used?"

4. JMS803 thread starter macrumors member

Budget is about $90. Portability is a concern, as is style to a degree (irrelevant in terms of SQ, but I dig the look of the marshalls a lot)

The listening environment is really any time I can't use my speakers, so most likely in transit, at home etc. Nothing professional, just casual listening.